With an extraordinary line up of music unveiled for QSO’s Season 2016, the announcement of global star Alondra de la Parra as Music Director designate, and the Orchestra in high demand, a QSO experience is one that will be heard and remembered long after the Yuletide.
- The Sounds of Adventure – headlined by the legendary Raiders of the Lost Ark, with John Williams’ epic score performed live to film by QSO on February 6. Tickets start at $50*.
- The Sounds of Joy – stars The Year of the Monkey concert celebrating Chinese New Year, a fusion of traditional Chinese music, great western masterworks and contemporary genius on February 11. Tickets start at $85.
- The Sounds of Serenity – features the glorious choral masterpiece, Mozart’s Requiem on March 24. Tickets start at $72~.
- The Sounds of Drama – the ultimate orchestral experience, QSO Plays Mahler 2 will be a performance of epic proportions, with more than 100 musicians immersing the audience in one of most profound musical statements ever composed. Tickets start at $94~.
- The Sounds of Delight – takes music lovers on a journey through the musical genius of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, as QSO Plays All Mozart on March 17 and 18. Tickets start at $72~.
HAVEN’T HEARD ENOUGH?
For those who need more than a one extraordinary night of music, QSO has also released a range of mini-subscriptions, with discounts of up to 30% on packages of two to four concerts. Mozart, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky fans will leap at the chance to hear their favourite masters.
- Fans of the Beethoven Cycle package will see the great Nikolai Demidenko present his long established credentials as a Beethoven authority as he performs three works from the piano concerto cycle on May 20-21 and October 14-15.
- Mozart in March includes QSO Plays All Mozart, Mozart’s Requiem and the intimate Mozart Quartet.
- The Tchaik Pack includes QSO Plays Tchaik 5 on August 19 and the Season Finale on November 29-30, which will see the great MaximVengerov performing Tchaikovsky’s timeless and poignant Violin Concerto.
- Alternatively, Autumn, Winter Warmers and Spring Packages will give a festive season that extends long into the New Year, with two concerts that match the seasons bundled into one gift for $139 each.
Foxtel Arts – proud to be QSO Season 2016 broadcast partner. QSO’s Music Director is proudly supported by Timothy Fairfax AC. The Year of the Monkey is proudly supported by Lexus of Brisbane.
Prices based on ~Adult B-Reserve/*Adult D-Reserve. Transaction fees apply.