Former Prime Minister Julia Gillard will join a host of distinguished speakers and personalities onboard the world’s finest ultra-luxury cruise line, Seabourn, in 2017.
Seabourn has announced its star-studded line up of Seabourn Conversations for 2017 with Ms Gillard making her debut onboard the line’s newest ship Seabourn Encore as she sails from Singapore on November 10, 2017, en route down under for her second summer of Australian cruising.
Seabourn President Richard Meadows said the cruise line was delighted to be able to continue to attract the most-engaging personalities to amuse and inform guests through Seabourn Conversations.
“The series continues to be highly successful as prominent speakers captivate onboard audiences with their personal experiences and hard-earned global perspectives on issues of the day,” Mr Meadows said.
Seabourn Conversations is part of the popular onboard enrichment and special guest program available on all Seabourn ships with 2017 speakers ranging from the fields of journalism to government and the culinary arts including:
- Tim Rice (Seabourn Encore, January 7) – Award-winning lyricist Tim Rice headlines Seabourn Encore’s maiden voyage through southeast Asia. The creator of hit musicals such as Joseph and Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and the Lion King will personally narrate Seabourn Encore’s newest musical production, “An Evening with Tim Rice”, which will feature his best known works, performed by the ship’s singers. Guests will also have an opportunity to learn about his collaborations with Andrew Lloyd Webber, Elton John, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andresson of ABBA, and others in an intriguing up close and personal conversation.
- Chef Darren McGrady (Seabourn Sojourn, April 23) – Chef McGrady has been personal chef to Queen Elizabeth II, Diana Princess of Wales, and the Princes William and Harry. He has also cooked for Presidents Ford, Reagan, Clinton and both Bushes, and authored Eating Royally: Recipes and Remembrances from a Palace Kitchen.
- Frank Murkowski (Seabourn Sojourn, June 1) – As Seabourn sails back to Alaska, the former Governor and US Senator from Alaska will discuss the remarkable history of America’s “Last Frontier”, including native people of the state and his own experiences holding public office.
- Michael Moss (Seabourn Sojourn, July 21) – Satisfy your conversational cravings with the Pulitzer Prize winning investigative reporter and author of the #1 New York Times bestseller SALT, SUGAR, FAT: How the Food Giants Hooked Us. Moss is currently working on HOOKED: Food and Free Will.
- Walter Robinson (Seabourn Odyssey, October 30) – Editor at large and Pulitzer Prize winning journalist for The Boston Globe, Robinson’s reporting as part of the Spotlight Team formed the basis for the Academy Award winning film Spotlight.
Prices start from $23,499* per person double occupancy for a 24-day voyage on Seabourn Encore from Singapore to Sydney on November 10, 2017, and visiting ports in Indonesia as well as along Queensland’s coast.
For more information on Seabourn cruises see a travel agent, call 13 24 02 or visit www.seabourn.com
*subject to availability, conditions apply