Eastman Kodak Company (KODK), Rochester, N.Y., is excited to be back at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to showcase a broad spectrum of imaging-focused products from Kodak and its brand license partners.
Headlining at The Kodak Studios – located at LVCC South Hall 1, Booth# 20619 – the KODAK EKTRA Smartphone is making its U.S. debut. This photography-led Smartphone delivers powerful imaging and editing capabilities to capture exceptional images, whatever the environment. The KODAK EKTRA Smartphone fuses the best of Kodak’s rich history in imaging with the latest innovations in smartphone photography and functionality.
The Kodak Studios will feature product demos, social media live streaming, live talks with Kodak subject matter experts and more. The “Kodak Theater” within the stand will feature a gallery of KODAK EKTRA Smartphone images as well as screenings of test footage from the KODAK Super 8 Camera.
“Kodak has enabled generations of people to get creative through its iconic film and photography products,” said Steven Overman, Chief Marketing Officer, Kodak. “Today a new generation is getting to know Kodak through products ranging from our new KODAK EKTRA Smartphone to the commercial print systems we provide to the publishing industry and beyond. For years Kodak’s been quietly behind the scenes of some of the world’s most extraordinary creativity. We are now in the process of letting people know the role we play in helping creativity thrive.”
At CES 2017, the Kodak Studios will feature:
- KODAK EKTRA Smartphone from Bullitt Group – an incredibly fast smartphone that delivers powerful imaging and editing capabilities to capture exceptional images. It fuses the best of Kodak’s rich history in imaging with the latest innovations in smartphone photography and functionality.
- KODAK Super 8 Camera – Kodak will demonstrate fully functional prototypes of the KODAK Super 8 camera, which was unveiled last year at CES. Combining the classic features of Super 8 with digital functionality, the KODAK Super 8 camera is designed to put the unique look of the format into the hands of a new generation. The camera offers a slick, retro design with easy functionality, supported by an ecosystem for processing and receiving media files. The camera will be available for purchase in Spring 2017.
- KODAK EKTACHROME Film for photography and motion picture capture – The reintroduction of the iconic KODAK EKTACHROME Film for professional and enthusiast photographers signals the continued resurgence of analog media. KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTACHROME, for still photography, will be available from Kodak Alaris and KODAK EKTACHROME Super 8 motion picture film format from Kodak. Sales of professional photographic films have been steadily rising over the last few years, with professionals and enthusiasts rediscovering the artistic control offered by manual processes and the creative satisfaction of a physical end product. KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTACHROME Film, a color positive film, generates a positive image that can be viewed or projected once it is exposed and processed, making it ideal for high-resolution projection or presentations.
- KODAK Winning Fotos App – The KODAK Winning Fotos App, launching mid-January, unites the photography community by powering a digital showcase of amateur and professional work. These showcases provide the opportunity for community members to connect with other photographers, while also being mentored by experienced professionals, regardless of skill level. The app seamlessly integrates with the camera on a user’s Apple or Android mobile device and enables them to register and submit photos.
- KODAK PIXPRO ORBIT360 4K VR Camera from JK Imaging – The new ORBIT360 4K is aimed at passionate consumers looking to capture their adventures, travel and special moments with 360° video and photos to broaden their options when it comes to capturing memories and sharing them on the go. It will follow the existing KODAK PIXPRO 360° models with optional bundles that include valuable accessories and complimentary PIXPRO software for editing and stitching on Mac and PC.
- KODAK Photo Phone Case, KODAK Selfie Photo Paper and KODAK Photo Fabric Stick Ups from PTN – Several DIY products will be on display at CES, including the new KODAK Photo Phone Case, a personalized phone case shell of clear polycarbonate combined with die cut 4×6” photo paper. A new size (4”x6”) KODAK Photo Fabric Stick Ups and KODAK Selfie Photo Paper will be showcased. Both are sticky-backed papers with a removable adhesive that can be applied to refrigerators, college dorm walls, notebooks, lockers. and leave no mark when you peel the print off, yet are strong enough to be reaffixed multiple times.
- KODAK Photo Printer Dock and the KODAK Mini Photo Printer – Both printers are compatible with Android and iOS, and feature advanced patent dye sublimation printing technology and photo preservation overcoat layer.
- KODAK VERITÉ Eco Mega Cartridge Series Inkjet Printers developed by Funai – A line of all-in-one inkjet printers that addresses consumer dissatisfaction with the high cost of ink and cartridges that run out too fast. The KODAK VERITÉ Eco Mega Cartridge Series Wireless Printers come with over two years of ink inside the printer box. Printers are already on shelves in the U.S. and the U.K.
- KODAK Batteries from Strand Europe – Explore the wide variety of Lithium, Alkaline and Zinc Chloride battery options from Kodak, as well as rechargeable, hearing aid and button cell batteries, along with power banks and flashlights.
- KODAK Baby Monitoring Systems by Tend Insight – The KODAK Baby Monitoring System CFH-BVA10, among many other features, boasts a 180-degree, whole-room field of view with built-in de-warping, so users can see the entire nursery without fish-eye image distortion. With fully secure 900 MHz digital transmission for 3x extended range over conventional baby monitors and a class-leading signal-to-noise ratio, no other audio monitor offers the range and sound quality of the KODAK line of baby monitors.