Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong Helps Guests Explore Tsim Sha Tsui’s Cultural Heritage And Connects The Community
Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong presents carefully selected examples of Tsim Sha Tsui’s culture heritage and the community’s iconic people who have lived in the district for 40 to 70 years. The hotel offers a beautifully bound commemorative publication, video clips and a Cultural Heritage Package, available until 30 June 2017, with a three- to four-hour guided walking tour to see and feel the living cultural history.
Apart from food, shopping, night life, popular places of interest and sound infrastructure for business and leisure, Hong Kong has much to offer. Tsim Sha Tsui alone is a land of legends brimming with cultural heritage and fascinating stories.
As the very first hotel to open in the reclaimed Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon Shangri‑La, Hong Kong pioneers a project to unearth some off the beaten paths and unbeknown interesting facts ‘hidden’ in the Tsim Sha Tsui areas for decades or even a century.
The hotel’s publication, video clips and newly created room package all capture the sights of the past and present, and some untold stories. The sights include the city’s oldest military facility, the first Catholic church on Kowloon peninsula, the primary school attended by kung fu master Bruce Lee and buildings that have received UNESCO Asia-Pacific Heritage awards, to name a few.
The stories reveal the Hong Kong people’s lifestyle in the last few decades, ‘East meets West’ and the harmonious blend of different cultures, languages, ethnicities and faiths. The endurance of ancient traditions in its modern spaces has shaped this unique culture and is a truly contemporary fusion of antiquity and innovation.
The Cultural Heritage Package, priced from HK$3,800 (US$488) plus 10 per cent per room, per night, includes the following:
- Accommodation for two persons in a spacious, elegantly appointed guestroom, with a requirement of a minimum of two consecutive nights per stay. Upgrade to a Horizon Side Harbour View Room may be extended if space permits upon room reservation, subject to the hotel’s confirmation. A supplementary charge for a third person sharing the same room applies.
- Full Horizon Club benefits for two persons, including daily buffet breakfast, complimentary use of Horizon Club lounges and Happy Hour
- Three- to four-hour guided walking tour to uncover Tsim Sha Tsui’s selected cultural heritage. A seven-day advance notice for the guided walking tour is required.
- A special edition of The Hidden Gems, a commemorative book featuring carefully selected examples of Tsim Sha Tsui’s cultural heritage
- Complimentary Wi-Fi, broadband Internet access and local phone calls throughout the hotel
- Welcome tea and fruit platter
“We are extremely pleased to pioneer this project and design a walking tour for our guests as part of our hotel’s 35th anniversary celebrations. Not only does this project let us help them uncover Tsim Sha Tsui’s cultural heritage, which might have escaped their eyes on their previous trips to Hong Kong, but also gives us a chance to work with people from different walks of life within the community. We have a common goal to let our visitors, and even locals, get to know the district better and from a different perspective,” said Mr Ulf Bremer, general manager of Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong.
“Through this project, the bond between individuals, families and the community just gets stronger. Only when we did the research and delved into the district’s history and tidbits did we learn of a primary school attended by kung fu master Bruce Lee in the area,” Mr Bremer said.
For reservations, please book online at www.shangri-la.com/kowloon or contact Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong at (852) 2733 8787, by email at email@example.com or through its worldwide reservations office on (852) 2331 6688.