L.A. Museum Season returns from the 5th October – 15th November, offering Australian visitors over AUD$600 in savings on museum admissions and cultural attractions
From October through to November, Australian travellers who book a minimum of two nights at a Los Angeles hotel can save more than AUD$600(USD$450) in admission fees or gift shop discounts at 25 of L.A.’s top museums during L.A. Museum Season, courtesy of the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board (L.A. Tourism) and the city’s leading museums.
Over 65 per cent of Australian visitors to L.A. in 2014 took in a museum or gallery during their visit, a three per cent jump on the previous year, demonstrating an increasing trend in the ANZ market for cultural tourism.
To take advantage of the deal, visitors must book two or more nights on Hotels.com to receive a complimentary voucher for two adult admissions or gift store discounts at participating museums for the season.
“This is the perfect time for visitors to explore L.A.’s outstanding art, history and science museums,” said Michael McDowell, Vice President for Cultural Tourism at the Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board.
“L.A. is home to more museums than any other U.S. city, and L.A. Museum Season’s spectacular savings offer visitors an ideal opportunity to explore what’s new at their favourite L.A. museums or discover museums they have never been to.”
- Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens(A savings of USD$46 on two regular adult admissions) – Home to more than a dozen expansive, themed gardens, the Huntington boasts the largest collection of British portrait-paintings outside of the United Kingdom – including the world famous Blue Boy by Gainsborough, library treasures such as the earliest known manuscript of Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales and one of only 14 known copies of The Guttenberg Bible, the world’s first printed book. Guests can also visit the new Education and Visitor Center that includes an orientation gallery and brand new gardens.
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens(A savings of USD$40 on two regular adult admissions) – Visitors can view more than 1,100 animals, many of them endangered, among immersive habitats and lush gardens that are reminiscent of natural environments in Asia, South America, Africa and beyond. The Zoo also offers live presentations and shows, a children’s play park, petting zoo, the interactive California Condor Rescue Zone, a beautiful carousel with hand-carved animals and more.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County(A savings of USD$24 on two regular adult admissions) – The Natural History Museum unravels the mysteries of mummies this season, offering guests a rare, up-close look of over 20 mummies from Egypt and Peru in new eye-opening exhibition.
Museums participating in the free admission offer include:
- Annenberg Space for Photography & Skylight Studios
- Autry National Center of the American West
- Battleship IOWA Museum
- California Science Center
- Craft & Folk Art Museum
- Fowler Museum at UCLA
- Getty Center
- Getty Villa
- Hammer Museum
- Hollywood Museum
- Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens
- Japanese American National Museum
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- Page Museum at the La Brea Tar Pit
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)
- Los Angeles Museum of the Holocaust
- Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
- Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles (MoCA)
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Museum of Tolerance
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Norton Simon Museum
- Pasadena Museum of California Art
- Skirball Cultural Center
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
This is the fourth annual L.A. Museum Season organised by L.A. Tourism. For more information, visit DiscoverLosAngeles.com/MuseumSeason and follow #LAMuseumSeason on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information on Los Angeles, please visit: www.discoverlosangeles.com.
 *Minimum two-night hotel room stay purchase required to receive museum offer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or offers. Restrictions apply and offers vary by museum. Value of combined museum offers are equivalent to USD$450 in savings.