The inspiration for Landry & Kling’s first-ever “MICE Cruise Line Partner of the Year” award came when the company realized they had booked charters with all three brands of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd., all sailing in 2016: i.e. luxury brand Regent Seven Seas Cruises, upper-premium Oceania Cruises, and contemporary Norwegian Cruise Line — a significant first-time achievement — totaling 62 days chartered in one year.
Landry & Kling’s CEO Joyce Landry observed: “It’s a ship charter trifecta — successful charters with all three of the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings’ brands! So we just had to acknowledge NCLH as our MICE Partner of the Year.” She added: “Their professional services, flexible policies and the variety of ships in their fleet helped us meet the specialized needs of our MICE market.” (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Events)
To honor their first “MICE Cruise Line Partner of the Year,” Landry & Kling co-founders Joyce Landry & Jo Kling presented a commemorative award to Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings’ executives: Katina Athanasiou, VP Charters, Meetings and Incentives, and Lisette Martinez, Director of Sales Operations and Services, Charters, Meetings & Incentives.
“Landry and Kling pioneered the corporate ship charter business and has been a valued partner and friend of ours for decades,” commented Athanasiou. “Their knowledge and experience makes each and every program we operate together extremely successful. They are masters at creating elegant solutions for all!”
As MICE cruise specialists, Landry & Kling’s track record since 1982 is unprecedented. No other company has chartered as many cruise ships, or used ship venues for such a wide variety of events. Their 5 charters of NCLH ships in 2016 demonstrate that:
- The luxurious Regent Seven Seas Mariner – chartered for a corporate-incentive program in Alaska for seven nights.
- Oceania’s Riviera, an upper-premium ship — chartered for eight-nights which Landry & Kling creatively split into two corporate-incentive cruises of four-night each, sailing the Caribbean between Miami and San Juan.
- Contemporary Norwegian Getaway – chartered for 40-nights as a floating hotel, to provide supplemental housing during the 2016 Rio Olympics.
- The Norwegian Pearl – chartered for a four-night music festival “buy-in” cruise to Jamaica for music fans.
- The Norwegian Escape – sourced and chartered for a three-night Bahamas cruise on behalf of HelmsBriscoe, Landry & Kling’s strategic partner, whose corporate client requested a motivating incentive program for 4000+ qualifiers.