Let’s shop & chill at Venice of the East Festival, The biggest Thai riverside cultural event in the city
Enjoy 300 superb authentic Thai flavours:
- khao chae, a royal court dish made of rice soaked in jasmine-scented water served with various side dishes;
- gold egg-yolk desserts made from the legendary recipes of Maria Guyomar de Pinha;
- phad thai served in pla-tu (humble mackerel) basket;
- 70-year old recipe kuay tiew lod, stuffed rice flat noodle rolls;
- gui chai or Chinese chive dumplings from Talad Phlu’s most fabulous vendor;
- kuai tiew ruea norkala, boat noodles prepared with kala shoots from Rangsit floating market;
- a century-old recipe pla-tu tomkhem, humble mackerel stew, from Talingchan floating market.
Be fascinated by the shows and rare-to-see arts and crafts demonstrations from the old town.
Mae Khwanjit performance, monk bowl crafting by artisans from Golden Mountain community, antique collections, Thai handicraft making demonstrations by students from The Royal Craftsmen College, and holy mathu payas rice cooking demonstration
Check into model towns showcasing the charms of seven Bangkok waterfront communities during the R.E. 234 historical period:
Two sides of the Chao Phraya River
Three Thonburi riverside communities
Four communities along Phra Nakhon canals
#BangkokVaree #BangkokHeartbeat #CentralWorld