Madame Tussauds Attractions Across the United States Honor President Obama’s Term With Vacation Suggestions
Madame Tussauds attractions across the United States are marking President Obama’s final weeks in office as locations prepare to unveil their newest figures of Donald Trump later this month.
To honor eight years of hard work in the Oval office, attractions in New York, Hollywood, Orlando, Washington, DC and San Francisco temporarily re-styled their Obama figures to fit his impending civilian lifestyle. As part of a unique photo series, these newly casual figures participated in leisure activities that reflect each attraction’s local flare:
- Madame Tussauds New York – Braving the cold in his famous off-duty jeans, President Obama can be seen taking in the sights in New York City’s legendary Times Square, waiting in line for the hottest ticket in town: Hamilton: An American Musical. Photo Credit: Cindy Ord/Getty Images for Madame Tussauds.
- Madame Tussauds Washington, DC – Avid golfer, President Obama is ready to work on his short game on a local green. Khakis, golf spikes and a new set of clubs are par for the course. Photo Credit: Larry French/Getty Images for Madame Tussauds.
- Madame Tussauds Orlando – Ready to take in impressive vistas of the Sunshine State from 400 feet high, Obama visited the largest observation wheel on the East Coast, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye. Photo Credit: Matt Marriott for Madame Tussauds.
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood – Hang ten! Obama channels his inner surfer dude donning a wetsuit on the Golden Coast. With a waxed up board and some sunscreen, he’s ready to hit the waves at Venice Beach. Photo Credit: Getty Images for Madame Tussauds.
- Madame Tussauds San Francisco – In San Francisco, Obama took to two wheels to enjoy the best views of the Bay and iconic Golden Gate Bridge. Photo Credit: Supplied by Madame Tussauds.
Madame Tussauds locations in Washington, DC, New York and Orlando will be displaying their newest figures of Donald Trump from Inauguration Day, January 20.
Madame Tussauds and Merlin Entertainments plc
- Madame Tussauds has attractions in New York, Washington D.C., Orlando, Las Vegas, Hollywood and San Francisco, as well as London, Amsterdam, Berlin, Vienna, Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Shanghai, Singapore, Wuhan, Istanbul, Blackpool UK and Sydney, with experiences built around fame and celebrity.
- Madame Tussauds offers guests the world’s only opportunity to interact with incredibly lifelike iconic figures from the celebrity worlds of film, TV, music, sports and politics. Only at Madame Tussauds can guests “grab hold” of their favorite stars and enjoy countless interactive experiences.
- MERLIN ENTERTAINMENTS plc is the leading name in location-based, family entertainment and the world’s second-largest visitor attraction operator, Merlin now operates over 110 attractions, 13 hotels and 5 holiday villages in 23 countries and across 4 continents. The company aims to deliver memorable and rewarding experiences to its almost 63 million visitors worldwide, through its iconic global and local brands, and the commitment and passion of its managers and 26,000 employees.
- Among Merlin’s attractions are – SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, LEGOLAND, DreamWorks Tours Shrek’s Adventure!, The London Eye, Dungeons, Gardaland, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres, Alton Towers Resort, Warwick Castle, THORPE PARK Resort, Blackpool Tower, Heide Park Resort, Sydney Tower Eye and SKYWALK. All brands which are distinctive, challenging and innovative – and which have great potential for growth in the future. Visit www.merlinentertainments.biz for more information.