In its fifth year, MKTE has become an important and influential platform for tourism networking and business transactions, as well as raising the global profile of the destination.
The theme for this year’s show is ‘Sustainable Tourism: Keeping the Magic Alive’, in line with KTB’s tourism revival strategy, aimed at rebuilding confidence in the destination and reassuring the markets that Kenya is still open for business.
The south coast was selected to showcase the magical coastal region following Diani Beach once again being voted as Africa’s Leading Beach Destination by World Travel Awards 2015.
The Expo will be held at the Leisure Lodge Resort and will run over two days for the trade, with the final day open to the general public. The trade days are expected to draw over 150 local and international travel agents, tour operators and media.
Throughout the trade days delegates will be invited to engage in one-on-one meetings with a variety of suppliers, and learn how they can best utilise the offerings of the destination’s diverse product for their clientele.
KTB will host a group of Australian buyers from key wholesalers, including product managers and decision makers, to experience the magic of Kenya firsthand with pre famil options running from 10 to 13 October. The itinerary will showcase a combination of safari options to aid product expansion and increase leisure business to Kenya, whilst showing that despite recent challenges, visitors are very much welcome.
• Register interest for a hosted buyer at www.mkte.co.ke/index.php by clicking on the ‘Hosted Buyer’ tab
• All other trade industry members are welcome to register via www.mkte.co.ke/index.php by clicking on the ‘Register as a Trade Visitor’ tab
• Trade representatives interested in participating as exhibitors in MKTE can do so by emailing: [email protected]
• All registrations close 31 July, 2015
* Limited places are available