With Christmas fast approaching, the Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group announces the latest events, happenings and promotions from its properties in London, Marrakech, Milan and Paris.
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London Celebrates Winnie the Pooh’s 90th Anniversary
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London celebrates the 90th anniversary of Winnie-the-Pooh this winter with a fun-filled Pooh Bear accommodation package. Available from 19 October to 31 December 2016, the Pooh Bear package is priced from GBP 1,000, and includes:
- One night’s accommodation in a luxurious suite
- Full English Breakfast for up to two adults and two children
- Winnie-the-Pooh 30-book boxset and cuddly Winnie-the-Pooh teddy on arrival *
- Pooh Bear afternoon tea in The Loggia for two adults and two children. The Pooh Bear themed afternoon tea will include honey-based treats from The Hive Honey Shop, a Dickensian-styled store offering Britain’s largest selection of English and international honeys.
Rates are based on two adults and two children (under 12).
*In place of the standard Winne-the-Pooh teddy that comes with the Pooh Bear package, a special limited-edition Steiffer branded version from Harrods can be added at an extra charge if guests prefer.
Mandarin Oriental, Milan Offers Wine Tasting and Truffle Hunting Tours
Mandarin Oriental, Milan will celebrate autumn by offering two accommodation packages focused on wine tasting and truffle hunting respectively. Guests booking the Wine Tasting in Franciacorta and Truffle Hunting in Alba packages will tour the nearby Italian countryside to sample seasonal produce. Both offers are available until 21 December 2016.
Wine Tasting in Franciacorta
Only a one-hour drive from Milan, the Franciacorta region is one of Italy’s most beautiful and productive winemaking areas. The Wine Tasting in Franciacorta package offers guests an opportunity to spend a day touring the best wineries of Franciacorta, tasting the award-winning local wines, and experiencing the region’s best restaurants. Based on a three-night minimum stay and priced from EUR2,300 per room, the package includes:
- Total of three nights’ stay: One night at Mandarin Oriental, Milan, one night at L’Albereta and a third night at either hotel.
- Daily buffet breakfast
- One dinner at Seta restaurant (Mandarin Oriental, Milan)
- One dinner at LeonFelice restaurant (L’Albereta)
- One-day wine tasting tour of Franciacorta’s best wineries, Bellavista and Contadi Castaldi
- One lunch at VistaLago Bistrò (L’Albereta)
- Transfer from Mandarin Oriental, Milan to L’Albereta
Mandarin Oriental, Paris Unveils its Urban Rooftop Vegetable Garden
As part of its mission to do ‘More for a Sustainable Future’, Mandarin Oriental, Paris has unveiled its new rooftop vegetable garden. Perched atop the city’s most fashionable district, the garden will contribute to the existing year-round supply of fresh, organic produce for guests to enjoy.
Executive Chef, Thierry Marx, will use the garden’s produce as seasonings and herbal tea infusions at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx. Ten types of fresh mint, plus other herbs, including thyme, rosemary, sage and fennel, will be grown in the garden, alongside vegetables, such as courgettes, tomatoes, celery and onions.
Alexis Martinez, Chef Barman at Bar 8, is already using the hotel’s aromatic herbs and honey to create original cocktails, such as the ‘Mandarule’, which is made with tarragon, passion fruit, ginger beer and Hendrick’s Gin.
Guests can enjoy a green stay from 925 Euros for one night in a Deluxe Room by booking online atwww.mandarinoriental.com/paris/. Guests can select the ‘Act for the Planet’ option, where a donation of eight euros will pay for a tree to be planted within the Paris region.
Ling Ling Now Open At Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech
Ling Ling by Hakkasan creates a new dining experience where guests discover an innovative cocktail list, small plates of beautifully prepared Cantonese dishes that are perfect for sharing, and an eclectic and international soundtrack mastered by Hakkasan resident DJ in London, Pathaan. The menu showcases exciting signature dishes such as Peking Duck and Oscietra Caviar, a luxury dim sum platter and delicious cocktails including the Golden Lingyu made with tequila, geranium, peach liquor, ginger, vanilla, chilli, lime and apple.
To celebrate the opening, Mandarin Oriental, Marrakech has introduced a new Taste of Ling Ling package priced from EUR 1,125 per night. Valid until 20th of December 2016, the Taste of Ling Ling offer includes the following items:
- Accommodation in a luxurious Mandarin Pool Villa
- Daily buffet breakfast for two persons
- A Tasting Menu for two persons served at Ling Ling, with two signature cocktails
- Complimentary wifi access throughout the stay, for up to six devices
- Round trip private car airport transfers
- Fast Track airport VIP service
Mandarin Oriental, Paris Offers So Couture by Ecole Lesage Experience
Mandarin Oriental, Paris is inviting guests to become an embroiderer for a day with expert tuition from Maison Lesage, the prestigious fashion house. The hotel’s So Couture by Ecole Lesage room package allows guests to create their own handmade bracelet to take home with them.
Paris-based Maison Lesage is recognized worldwide as a guardian of the rare and precious art form of embroidery. Maison Lesage will share its knowledge and skills with guests during an exclusive two-hour private lesson. Suitable for all levels from beginners to advanced, guests will discover the secrets of embroidery from the most experienced Maison Lesage embroiderers.
Available from October 15, the So Couture by Ecole Lesage package is priced from EUR1,400 per night, and includes:
- Minimum two night’s luxurious accommodation
- Daily breakfast at Camélia or in-room
- A private two-hour embroidery course at Ecole Lesage
- A handmade bracelet fashioned by the guest