Marriott International’s Lifestyle Brands Join Forces With Fast Company to Design and Innovate for Next Gen Travelers
Marriott International, the world’s largest hotel company with over 360 lifestyle hotel properties around the globe, announces today an exciting new partnership with Fast Company, deepening its commitment to influence, lead and innovate in today’s rapidly evolving travel industry. Together with Fast Company, Marriott International will continue to strive to break new ground in shaping memorable and enriching experiential travel for millennial-minded individuals.
To launch the partnership, Marriott International will serve as the official hospitality partner for the Fast Company Innovation Festival taking place November 1-4, 2016 at Civic Hall in New York City. This year’s festival, which centers on the theme of “Find Your Mission. Deepen Your Purpose,” will bring together extraordinary personalities from business, technology, design, and entertainment for bold conversations, hands-on workshops, and behind-the-scenes site visits.
As the official sponsor of the Design Track, Marriott International will create engaging experiences for attendees that highlight its lifestyle brands including AC Hotels by Marriott®, Autograph Collection Hotels, Moxy Hotels, and Renaissance Hotels over the course of the interactive week.
- AC Hotels’ Lounge, located in Civic Hall, a tech-minded co-working space will serve as the festival hub. Attendees are invited to relax in an inspiring environment; to catch up on work, grab a coffee and re-charge throughout the festival in a space with modern design for modern business. The AC Lounge will also host a series of creative discussions moderated by investor and writer, Chris Dannen, including the following:
- Tuesday, November 1 @ 4:45pm: Gary Hustwit, documentary filmmaker and founder of groundbreaking non-fiction VR studio Scenic, talks about how collaboration in the new shared economy inspires creativity.
- Wednesday, November 2 @ 2:10pm: Synthesis Corp CEO, Ari Wallach, will lead a talk centered on unexpected partnerships and the public spaces that foster the most fruitful kinds.
- Wednesday, November 2 @ 5:40pm: As co-founder of Revolution Foods, Kirsten Saenz-Tobey is changing the way we think about sourcing, preparing and enjoying the food we eat. She’ll be at the AC Lounge after her onstage appearance to further the discussion around changing food for good.
- Thursday, November 3 @ 2:55pm: Noah Weiss, head of the search, learning, and intelligence group Slack, will explore how technology is making collaboration simpler and more productive than ever.
- Attendees can opt in for a chance to win an iPad, a goPro, record player or an iPhone 7 by tagging #atthemoxy and #FCNY16 on their social media channels. The Moxy Lounge will be located in Civic Hall.
On Tuesday November 1, Stephanie Linnartz, Marriott International’s Global Chief Commercial Officer, will co-host a private dinner with Robert Safian, Editor in Chief of Fast Company. Along with Linnartz and Safian, some of the world’s top innovators and thought leaders including Franklin Leonard, Founder and CEO of The Black List and Imran Amed founder and editor-in-chief of The Business of Fashion will come together for an intimate dinner and thoughtful conversation in celebration of creative license. The discussion will take place at Autograph Collection’s The Algonquin Hotel, New York City’s historic hotel known for hosting the city’s literary, artistic and theatrical elite over the years.
On Thursday November 3, Renaissance Hotels will present the 5th annual Fast Company Innovation By Design Awards with a celebration and reception hosted at the new Renaissance New York Midtown Hotel, New York City’s first multi-sensory, interactive “living” hotel designed by Jeffrey Beers International. Moxy Hotels is among this year’s distinguished finalists, in the Branded Environments category. During the event, PepsiCo Creator, the company’s catalyst group on a mission to explore the edges of culture and co-create innovative experiences for PepsiCo North America Beverages, will showcase a cutting-edge drone mixology experience for guests. In partnership with Expert Drones™ and Renaissance Hotels, PepsiCo Creator will utilize sophisticated drone technology to mix and serve signature cocktails featuring STUBBORN SODA® and 1893 from the makers of Pepsi-Cola®. The drone bar will feature customized drones that lift cocktail shakers in the air, mixing them and capturing the experiences from a bird’s-eye view to be shared out on social media.
“There’s never been a more creative time in the travel industry,” commented Stephanie Linnartz, Marriott’s International’s Global Chief Commercial Officer. “Innovation abounds across our portfolio of brands that are authentic, connected and of the moment. Fast Company has always championed creativity and we’re thrilled to be collaborating with them as we take consumer experience and loyalty to the next level around the world.”
“We are proud to call Marriott International our partners, a like-minded brand focused on innovation, bringing thoughtful hospitality to the Festival to further inspire this community of learners and leaders,” added Christina Cranley, Chief Revenue Officer, Fast Company.
To purchase tickets and to see complete festival information, go to https://fastcompany.swoogo.com/innovationfestival