Marriott Kicks Off Sixth Year of NFL Partnership, Ensuring Guests Can Eat, Sleep, and Breathe Football This Season
Marriott knows what it means to be a true football fanatic – you eat, sleep and breathe the game year-long, non-stop.
In its sixth year as an NFL partner, Marriott International is providing travelers with unrivaled opportunities to express their passion for the game and get in on the action. From Courtyard’s Super Bowl stadium sleepover, unforgettable stadium tailgates, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences that can be redeemed by using earned loyalty points, Marriott promises to delight travelers with exciting experiences throughout the entire season.
“NFL fans are super passionate about football and we cannot wait to kick-off the new season. This year we’ll be offering Marriott Rewards members more ways to get closer to the game they love with unrivaled access that only our partnership with the NFL can provide,” said Karin Timpone, global marketing officer for Marriott International. “We are especially excited that for the first time our loyal guests will be able to redeem points for exclusive once-in-a-lifetime experiences throughout the season on our new Marriott Rewards Experiences Marketplace.”
Marriott’s NFL Experience throughout the season ensures guests can EAT, SLEEP and BREATHE football whenever they want and wherever they are and includes:
• SLEEP: Courtyard’s “Super Bowl Sleepover Contest” – One lucky NFL fan and a guest will win a once-in-a-lifetime chance to hit the sack in NRG stadium, and awake as the first fans at Super Bowl Sunday in Houston. Courtyard will transform a stadium suite into the ultimate Courtyard guest room, with a view overlooking the field. The contest opened for submissions on September 1 and runs through November 4. Fans can enter by sharing their most passionate NFL fan photo via Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #CourtyardSuperBowlContest. To help launch the contest Courtyard worked with Green Bay Packers star, Clay Matthews, to demonstrate the clever ways NFL fans show their spirit, which can all be viewed at Courtyard’s YouTube page.
• EAT: #AppYourService – Tailgate Edition – To celebrate the expansion of Marriott’s Mobile Request app feature across all hotels this fall, Marriott Rewards is stepping up to provide the ultimate hospitality experience at major games throughout the season by providing select tailgaters with whatever they need to make their experience great. In need of new folding chairs, forget your BBQ tools, or maybe you have interest in sideline passes or even Super Bowl tickets? Simply tweet your requests to @MarriottRewards and runners stationed at a branded mobile command center could be there within minutes to take care of your tailgating needs. Details on the games and hashtags to participate will be announced in the coming weeks. Check back at MRtailgate.dja.com for rules and additional details. No purchase necessary 18+.
• EAT: NFL International – Marriott Rewards brings the hospitality experience of American football to London and Mexico City as part of the NFL’s international series through a number of events including:
o In London, Marriott Rewards will teach the British how to prepare for a big game like American football fans with a good old fashioned tailgate party. From BBQ on the grill to corn hole tournaments to face painting, Regent Street will be overcome with the flavors, festivities, and superstitions seen at NFL stadiums each Sunday.
o Marriott Rewards members in Mexico will have the opportunity to experience American tailgating, with a surprising twist.
• BREATHE: Experiences Marketplace – Starting on September 8, Marriott Rewards members will be able to redeem their loyalty points for amazing access and once-in-a-lifetime NFL experiences including:
o A weekly call with NFL analyst Adam Schefter to get insider information on upcoming games
o NFL U.K. game experience including tickets plus pre-game tunnel and sideline tour
o Pitch view suites for the NFL’s first game at Twickenham Stadium where you can wake up with the field at your window
o Tour of the NFL headquarters in NYC with a private sit-down chat with the VP of Officiating
o Tour of the NFL Network studios and set in Los Angeles
o Tickets, sideline experiences and team merchandise to Broncos, Texans and Packers games
o Super Bowl Stadium Tour experience with an NFL alum*
o Super Bowl tickets and lunch with an NFL legend
*Not all experiences will be available on September 8, with more being added regularly throughout the season.
• BREATHE: Courtyard NFL TV campaign – Entertaining spots launch with the season kick-off and feature NFL anchor Rich Eisen. In the spots, Eisen encounters the most avid NFL fans and chronicles the extreme ways fans celebrate the game. The spots will air throughout the season and can be viewed on the Courtyard YouTube page.