You are most certainly welcome to select music from the Genres & Moods Hub, or from your very own personalised playlists such as Daily Mix and Discover Weekly, but did you know Spotify is able to offer even more? By applying these tips on Spotify, it could definitely maximize your music experience.
1. Narrow Your Search
Justin Lo “Good Person” undoubtedly resonates with the mood of many people who are still looking for their Mr./ Ms. Right. If you plan to find the song couple with Justin’s other releases during the same time, simply enter “Justin Lo year:2005-2006” in the search bar.
If you want to look for another artist’s work within an assigned period, simply type his/ her name into the search box and enter a range like “year:1990-1994.”
Additionally, you can use “and” or “or” to include more than one keywords or type ‘not” to exclude certain keywords for your search. For instance, when entering “Charlie Puth+Selena,” the popular hit “We Don’t Talk Anymore” will immediately appear in the search result.
- Using Music Identification Apps and Save Songs into Your Playlists
While meeting with friends at a restaurant or going shopping together at a store, a particular song in the background may just grab your attention, but you are not familiar with the song title or the artist. Don’t panic, use “Shazam” or “SoundHound” to help recognize this “mysterious” song including related information about the song or the artist. What is even better is that you can choose to play those songs on Spotify and save them into your playlists.
- Be the DJ of Your Own Party
You don’t always need a professional DJ to attend your party, instead you could just be the DJ for the day. Here are two options for you.
Spotify Party delivers professionally mixed playlists featuring brilliantly beat-matched music. Whatever the party, we’ve got you covered.
- Let’s mix. Kick off your party with one of our expert-made party playlists, ranging from a special mix from acclaimed DJ and producer Diplo to popular party genres.
- Sound like a DJ. With professionally beat-matched music, every song blends smoothly with the next – meaning non-stop music with zero interruptions.
- Set the mood. Match the current mood or aim to change it, all the way from chilled out dinner parties to dancing on tables. Simply slide the mood tuner and we’ll make sure the music follows. Plus, with our new Play Queue, you can easily add, remove and rearrange songs – without ever having to interrupt the music.
Or you could look at Serato Pyro. Serato Pyro is an app featuring automatic music mix. Its algorithms analyze track BPM and decides the best time for a smooth crossfaded transition. Choose the music you prefer for the party and let Pyro does all the hard work, and it can also keep the mix going by its own selection.
- Rescue Your Deleted Playlists
- Oraganize Your Music
Heavy users on Spotify may not aware that his/ her music library has been inundated with numerous playlists. Don’t give up on organising them. Check out Organize Your Music, this feature will sort all of a user’s saved songs by a handful of parameters, including genres, moods, decades, styles, and popularity. Each of these are also broken down into subcategories. The Organize Your Music tool helps give listeners a sense of what they’ve saved, and of who they are as music fans.
And from there, you can create folders within your Spotify library app and move your playlists into different folders. You then can look for specific playlists more efficiently.