Meet Us in St. Louis: Marriott’s Indie Brand Debuts in the Gateway City with Magnolia Hotel St. Louis, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Tribute Portfolio, part of Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAR), today announced its official debut in “The Gateway City” with Magnolia Hotel St. Louis, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel. Originally the historic Mayfair Hotel, the property’s charming character and features have been preserved, while integrating touches of indie design and flair. The elegant Magnolia Hotel St. Louis is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and takes pride in its meticulous attention to detail, as well as experiential touches that invite guests to Stay Independent.
“The vibrant city of St. Louis has an unmistakable indie vibe, making it a perfect location for our newest Tribute Portfolio hotel,” said Brian Povinelli, SVP and Global Brand Lead for Tribute Portfolio Hotels & Resorts. “Not only is St. Louis known as the ‘Gateway to the West,’ but Magnolia Hotel St. Louis will now serve as a gateway for guests to explore all the independent moments both the hotel and the city have to offer.”
Owned by Stout Street Hospitality, Magnolia Hotel St. Louis has 182 modern guestrooms in the heart of downtown St. Louis, within walking distance to key attractions including the Gateway Arch. Guests can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and cocktails at the lavish Robie’s Restaurant and Lounge featuring a renowned bar area and intimate living spaces for relaxed social gatherings.
One of the most cherished amenities offered by the hotel is its signature chocolates. This is a time-honored tradition established when actor Cary Grant was a guest, which established the longstanding hospitality amenity offered by hotels around the world today. Cary Grant was such a fixture at the property in its heyday that the hotel now features a suite inspired by the actor.
In addition, the Magnolia Hotel St. Louis provides guests with complimentary car service in the downtown area in a Tesla Model S. Notably, the hotel is the only hotel in St. Louis with complimentary car service and the only property with a Tesla. The hotel also offers Tesla drivers the only charging station in the downtown area.
The Magnolia Hotel St. Louis features more than 8,000 sq. ft. of meeting and event facilities, including an executive conference center and the 4,000 sq. ft. Magnolia Grand Ballroom. Complimentary high speed wireless Internet is available in all public spaces and guest rooms.
“We are thrilled to pair the distinct, historic charm of Magnolia Hotel St. Louis with the Tribute Portfolio brand,” said Sarah Holtze Treadway, President/Co-CEO, Stout Street Hospitality. “With this new partnership, we bring our guests not only truly independent experiences, but also the added benefit of earning points with Marriott International’s loyalty programs.”
Staying Indie in “The Gateway City”
As with all Tribute Portfolio properties, Magnolia Hotel St. Louis, A Tribute Portfolio Hotel, features a selection of #independentmoments: distinct design touches and experiences found at each Tribute Portfolio hotel and resort that illustrate what guests love about “staying independent.” These socially-sourced vignettes extend beyond the typical hotel brochure to highlight the secret spots, must-sees and can’t-miss experiences at each Tribute Portfolio property. Guests are also encouraged to share their own #independentmoments throughout their stay at the hotel. The #independentmoments for Magnolia Hotel St. Louis include:
- Complimentary Tesla Car Service – The only business in St. Louis with a Tesla, the hotel offers complimentary car service in the downtown area to and from the hotel, inviting guests to explore all of St. Louis’ indie attributes.
- Signature Bissinger’s Chocolates – When arriving to their room, guests are provided with a sweet treat: handcrafted Bissinger’s Chocolates. These indulgences were favorites of Cary Grant.
- Cary Grant Suite – A frequent performer at the former theater behind the property, actor Cary Grant often stayed at the hotel. The Cary Grant Suite was designed in his honor and is adorned with photos of his movies, serving as a classic backdrop for wedding photos.
- Charming Living Room – Magnolia Hotel St. Louis’ intimate living room space is a must-visit for guests; with an original stained glass window from the 1920s, the room pays homage to the living room’s history as a German Hofbrau, which was part of the original Mayfair Hotel.
- Mayfair Salad Dressing – Created by Chef Fred Bangerter of the original Mayfair Room restaurant, this salad dressing is still prepared in the classic style with anchovies, mustard, garlic and champagne as key ingredients.
- Historic Amenity Windows – On the hotel’s mezzanine level, guests will find historic windows advertising a barber and beauty shop. The Mayfair was the first hotel which provided these two services to guests in a location other than the basement.
Continued International Growth
Expanding the opportunity for owners, loyalty members, and guests alike to Stay Independent, Tribute Portfolio recently announced continued growth within the United States, adding independent, upper-upscale hotels and resorts in Tampa, FL; Denver, CO; San Diego, CA; and Houston, TX to the collection. The brand also recently announced an expanded global presence, with new properties in Singapore and Bali. Firmly anchored in the high-end category, Tribute Portfolio allows owners to maintain their independent spirit, while benefiting from Marriott’s powerful distribution, loyalty and sales platforms.