AccorHotels’ boutique hotel collection, MGallery by Sofitel, is celebrating the next chapter of its literary journey with the debut of its new book titled, edition de luxe.
A collection of short stories, edition de luxe is an epilogue to the highly successful Literary Collection of events held last year, a collaboration between MGallery by Sofitel hotels and Melbourne based literary and publishing institution, The Wheeler Centre.
Pool at Mount Lofty House I the Adelaide Hills; Hotel suite at Hotel Lindrum Melbourne; The cover of MGallery by Sofitel’s new book, editionde luxe; The reception and library space at Harbour Rocks Hotel, Sydney
Published in partnership with The Wheeler Centre, the anthology compiles stories by some of Australia’s favourite authors, invited to participate in an MGallery by Sofitel ‘in conversation’ series.
Authors were invited to partake in an exclusive ‘writers in residence program’ and hotel-stay at MGallery by Sofitel hotels across Australia and New Zealand, to undertake a creative writing challenge inspired by their experience.
AccorHotels’ Director of Luxury and Upscale Brands, Emilie Chell, said, “Last year eight award-winning Australian authors were presented with an opportunity to stay in residence at an MGallery by Sofitel hotel, to focus on their work, away from the distractions and demands of everyday life, and produce a short story inspired by their stay.
“The storytelling that resulted was surprising, emotive, sometimes humorous, always entertaining. A true reflection of the high calibre of writer we had to stay at each hotel.
“Most importantly, the collection reflects a variety of styles, voices and backdrops, as unique and different as the amazing hotels that comprise the MGallery by Sofitel hotel collection. Ultimately it’s exactly what we’d anticipated – perfect holiday reading with each story befitting of the hotel and destination that inspired it. We are delighted with the short stories generated for the collection, and hope that our guests enjoy them too.”
Local writing talent headlining the new edition de luxe collection of hotel-inspired tales at each boutique address includes:
– Miles Franklin-shortlisted author, Favel Parrett of ‘When the Night Comes’, ‘Past the Shallows’. (Mount Lofty House, Adelaide Hills)
– Chris Flynn, of ‘A Tiger in Eden’ and ‘The Glass Kingdom’ (Hotel Lindrum, Melbourne)
– International best-selling author Toni Jordan of ‘Nine Days’, ‘Addition’, ‘Fall Girl’ and ‘Our Tiny, Useless Hearts’ (The Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains)
– Debra Oswald, co-creator and writer of Offspring, Secret Life of Us, Bananas in Pajamas and author of the recently published, ‘Useful’(The Como Melbourne)
– Graeme Simsion, author of ‘The Rosie Project’ and ‘The Rosie Effect’ (The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane)
– Hannie Rayson, a playwright and screenwriter best known for Hotel Sorrento. (The Reef House Palm Cove)
– Melbourne theatre critic, novelist, blogger and poet Alison Croggon (Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney)
– Melbourne born historian and writer Robyn Annear (The Grand Hotel Melbourne)
The MGallery by Sofitel Collection presents 11 boutique addresses across Australia and New Zealand including Elements of Byron, The Como Melbourne, Hotel Lindrum, The Grand Hotel Melbourne, Mount Lofty House in the Adelaide Hills, Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney, The Fairmont Resort Blue Mountains, The New Inchcolm Hotel & Suites Brisbane, The Reef House in Palm Cove, The Playford Adelaide and Hotel St Moritz in Queenstown.
This July, MGallery by Sofitel, announced its official partnership with Byron Writers Festival, to take place in Byron Bay between 5–7 August, 2016. This new partnership with Australia’s largest regional writers’ festival further cements MGallery by Sofitel’s ties with Australia’s literary community.
The new edition de luxe is available exclusively at MGallery by Sofitel hotels across Australia.