With its miles of beachfront and fantastic weather, Miami Beach has become the perfect place to recharge for singles, friends and families around the world.
With its range of restaurants that offer healthy options to resorts with activities and spas that offer everything from rock-walls to unlimited yoga classes, hammams and Soul Cycle, Miami Beach is like no other place in the world for a relaxing wellness retreat. It offers a wealth of activities, packages and places to help keep visitors healthy all year long.
The health and wellness category has exploded as millions of people become more conscious of how they eat, exercise and live their lives on a daily basis. According to the most recent statistics, the market size of the global wellness industry amounted to more than 3.4 trillion U.S. dollars. The various segments making up the wellness industry are diverse and include healthy eating and weight loss, fitness, alternative medicine and the spa industry.
“Miami Beach has always been the perfect place for a quick getaway to recharge and regroup,” says Peggy Benua, Chair, Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority. “In a way, we were one of the first wellness and health destinations in the world, even before health and wellness was a cool trend. Miami Beach has always been a resort town with plenty of tranquil places, luxurious choices and healthy selections everywhere.”
The Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort has been a Miami Beach mainstay for over 50 years. Today, as in the 1950s and 60s, travelers can indulge and relax at the hotel. The resort is asking visitors to indulge and achieve inner peace with the Spa Serenity Escape. The package features daily breakfast served in the new Nobu Restaurant, two 50-minute spa treatments, and unlimited fitness and yoga classes.
“From historic Art Deco properties to new family resorts, Miami Beach hotels have embraced wellness” says Grisette Roque, Executive Director of the MBVCA. “Ranging from rooftop yoga to four step aromatherapy rituals, Miami Beach visitors and locals are spoiled with the extensive wellness offerings available at all price points.”
There’s never been a better time to indulge in wellness in Miami Beach.
MIAMI BEACH HOTEL WELLNESS OPTIONS AND DEALS:
- Spring Renewal Packages for either 4 nights or 2 nights, include suite accommodations, daily breakfast buffet, one juice per day at the juice bar, and revitalizing wellness services
- The #FitFamily hotel package features family rock-wall challenges, active kids sports events, four sparkling pools, spacious suites and a world-class spa for parents
- The Executive Health Package includes consultation with personal nurses, EHP physicians and a Life Management therapist; extensive diagnostic testing, etc.
- Carillon also offers an ultimate fitness program, SWAT Beach Boot Camp
- Fitness-minded guests can indulge and enjoy Miami Beach’s perfect weather with Metropolitan by COMO’s “Be Active” package, which combines personal training and spa rituals providing a complete escape from everyday life. The package includes:
- 60 minutes COMO Shambhala Massage or Facial
- One private hour long session with a yoga instructor
- COMO Shambhala juice daily (choice of two per day)
- 10% Discount on all other COMO Shambhala treatment (60 minutes or longer)
- 1 Hotel South Beach features not only a whopping 2,600-square-foot fitness space, but also a 54-SoulCycle bike studio, calling for all Soul Cycle fanatics
- The Spring Equinox package includes daily breakfast for two at the popular Beachcraft restaurant and two fresh pressed juices by Nativ Made
- Miami Beach’s only hotel exclusively built to accommodate the LGBT traveler, also offers the Gay traveler plenty of wellness options.
- The hotel features:
- A steam room, a cedar sauna, a hot tub and a hammam and mud lounge.
- A low-key bar offers craft beers and cocktails made with locally sourced ingredients. There’s also a library lounge and a coffee shop.
- #YoGAY classes on Tuesday and Thursday (7p.m.) and Saturday (10:45)
MIAMI BEACH WELLNESS/HEALTHY ACTIVITIES:
- Free Miami yoga classes offered by The One Yoga Foundation at the South Pointe Park in South Beach, and by Third Street Beach Yoga at the lifeguard stand at 3rd street off Ocean Drive
- DecoBike: Tour the city-island on two wheels courtesy of the City’s official bike-sharing program
- South Beach Kayak: A family run operation offering kayak and standup paddleboard rentals in Biscayne Bay. Paddle around the Venetian Islands and take a dip at Flagler Memorial Island for a fun-filled afternoon on the water.
- The Standard Spa Miami Beach is a hip destination offering a daily yoga schedule, as well as workshops on all aspects of health and wellness. For a different kind of Friday night, consider the weekly H2Om class at 8 p.m. with a rotating roster of guest teachers, as well as live music, and access to the Standard’s famous hammam and spa.
MIAMI BEACH RUNNING ROUTES:
- The Miami Beach Boardwalk is a local favorite spot because of the perfect blend of the ocean breeze and the views of the Atlantic Ocean. There are even a few spots where runners might even stop to refresh at one of the public showers dotted along the boardwalk.
- Part of the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, Lummus Park is home to the largest concentration of Coconut Palms and sets the scene for a visually pleasing tropical run along world-famous Ocean Drive.
- South Pointe Park is home to Miami Beach’s only hill! At the Southernmost tip of the city, views of the bay abound.