Hotel barge operator, European Waterways, has added four new Champagne region cruises in June to its French itineraries on offer for the European summer 2015.
Aboard Panache, the 12-passenger hotel barge, the new departure dates are June 7, 14, 21 and 28.
One of the great agriculture regions of Europe, the waterways of Champagne are just to the east of Paris. The region starts about 120km from Paris, around the city of Meaux and stretches along the beautiful River Marne to the city of Epernay. For the convenience of travellers in Paris there are minibus transfers to and from the hotel barge.
Highlights of the Champagne route include:
- Cruising the delightful River Marne and the Canal Lateral à la Marne
- Private tastings at 3 select champagne houses, including in Epernay
- Visit to the Château Thierry WW1 battlefield and the moving cemetery at Belleau Wood
- Tour of Reims, the magnificent 800-year-old Gothic cathedral and a tasting at a renowned ‘fromagier’
- Visit to the hilltop village of Hautvillers, where Dom Perignon discovered the ‘methode champenoise’
- Transfers to and from Paris in air-conditioned minibuses
The fully-crewed, 6-night cruise includes all gourmet meals prepared by the on-board chef, fine wines, an open bar, daily escorted excursions, admissions and local transfers for $7,150 per person. For people wishing to have Panache exclusively in Champagne, European Waterways will take $14,500 off the 12-passenger charter price, reducing the cost to $5,300 per person.
Later in the summer Panache will also be offering 6-night cruises in Alsace, a region in Eastern France with its unique mix of French and German cultures. Special offer of a $1,160 saving per person (based on twin share) for departures on July 12 and August 2, 2015.
The fully-crewed, 6-night cruise includes all gourmet meals prepared by the on-board chef, fine wines, an open bar, daily escorted excursions, admissions and local transfers for $5,130 per person (originally $6,300 per person). There is $14,500 off the 12-passenger charter price on all other July and August departures.
During the cruise from Strasbourg to Niderviller, highlights include:
- Tour of the beautiful city of Strasbourg and its Gothic cathedral
- Exploring the Route des Vins d’Alsace, with a private wine tasting
- The opportunity to experience an ascent or descent of the unique Arzviller boat elevator and a candlelit meal while cruising through two tunnels
- Visit to the spectacular Rene Lalique Collection
See our Special Offers at http://www.gobarging.com/special-offers.php#offers
For more information on pricing, cruises and schedules on these barges and more, please visit www.gobarging.com or call 1800 828 050.