The Swiss group will open seven hotels and resorts in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, China and Vietnam over the next three years, with an additional 10 projects under negotiation.
“We are delighted today to unveil our expansion plans in Thailand and throughout the region,” said Andreas Mattmüller, Chief Operating Officer of Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts, Middle East and Asia.
“They are true to our vision and our purpose which is to grow the brand and maintain our distinct positioning of delivering high quality and authentic hospitality experiences to guests with genuine care and warm service.”
The focus of the development will be primarily on Southeast Asia and add to a current portfolio of eight hotels in operation in Asia, four of which are in Thailand, the hospitality management company’s biggest market in the region.
The Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok opened most recently in a prime downtown location and will be followed in the first quarter of next year by the 264-room Mövenpick Siam Hotel Pattaya positioned for family and meetings business on Jomtien Beach.
The new hotels in key tourism and business destinations in Thailand add to three Mövenpick hotels in Phuket and Koh Samui for a total of five hotels in Thailand by 2017. Further hotels to open across the region are:
- Mövenpick Hotel & State Guest House Chifeng, China
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Jimbaran Bay, Indonesia
- Mövenpick Hotel & Convention Centre Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Kuala Terrengganu, Malaysia
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Quy Nhon, Vietnam
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts’ expansion this year will also include opening the Mövenpick Hotel Kochi in Kerala India, two hotels in the Saudi Arabia, the Mövenpick Hotel Star City Jeddah and the Mövenpick Hotel Riyadh as well as a property in Morocco.
Mövenpick’s hospitality brand, capturing a combination of high quality experiences and affordable luxury delivered by highly trained staff has seen Southeast Asia investors take note.
“We have seen very strong demand. Our brand philosophy and values has caught the intention of investors and developers as we are excited about the potential for further growth in the region,” added Mr Mattmüller.
Existing hotels in Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts’ Asia portfolio are as follows:
- Mövenpick Resort Bangtao Beach Phuket, Thailand
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa Karon Beach Phuket, Thailand
- Mövenpick Resort Laem Yai Beach Samui, Thailand
- Mövenpick Hotel Sukhumvit 15 Bangkok, Thailand
- Mövenpick Heritage Hotel Sentosa, Singapore
- Mövenpick Hotel Hanoi, Vietnam
- Mövenpick Hotel Enshi, China
- Mövenpick Resort Mactan Island Cebu, Philippines