G Adventures has announced a new cruise itinerary sailing the coast of South America from Ushuaia, Argentina to Cartagena, Colombia.
Cruise the West Coast of South America with G Adventures and explore
The trip visits 21 ports in six countries (Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Panama and Peru) and includes a three-day land-based trip to visit world wonder Machu Picchu. The entire voyage is 38 days in total, with travellers with less time able to join sectors of the trip for as few as 12 days.
Highlights of the trip include a Chilean rodeo, barbecue and wine experience in Punta Arenas, as well a visit to the Copiapó mine where “Los 33” were trapped and rescued after 69 days in 2010.
There is also an optional fly-over of the ancient Nazca lines in Southern Peru, a three-day, land-based trip to Macchu Picchu, the opportunity to traverse the Panama Canal, and relax on the idyllic San Blas Islands in Panama, of Microsoft Windows 95 wallpaper fame.
Belinda Ward, Managing Director, G Adventures Australia and New Zealand, said the new trip combines the best of South America’s west coast and will be especially attractive to Australian and New Zealand adventurers who want a taste of everything, from wildlife and scenery through to culture, history and food.
“We are really excited about this new South America itinerary because it has such variation, what’s great is travellers can enjoy the full 38-day voyage or jump on for some of the shorter segments that may have a more particular focus,” she explained. “Aussies and Kiwis who want a wildlife focus will love the beginning of the trip, while those who are after the classic sun, sea and culture will be catered for later on.”
The full 38-day trip departs Ushuaia on March 21, 2016, with disembarkation / embarkation ports at Valparaiso (for Santiago) in Chile and Guayaquil in Ecuador:
- South America Cruise – Ushuaia to Cartagena – 38 days, priced from $19,999pp, departing March 21, 2016.
- South America Cruise – Chilean Fjords – 15 days, priced from $9,999pp, departing March 21, 2016.
- South America Cruise – Ushuaia to Guayaquil – 28 days, priced from $16,999pp, departing March 21, 2016.
- South America Cruise – Santiago to Guayaquil – 15 days, priced from $9,999pp, departing April 3, 2016
- South America Cruise – Santiago to Cartagena – 25 days, priced from $12,999pp, departing April 3, 2016.
- South America Cruise – Guayaquil to Cartagena – 12 days, priced from $7,999pp, departing April 16, 2016.
For more information, full terms and conditions or to book, please call 1300 796 618 or visit www.gadventures.com.au