Tigerair Australia today announces a new domestic route between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour, with three weekly return services delivering over 1,000 additional seats through Coffs Harbour Airport each week.
Fares each way between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour go on sale today at 10am AEST from just $59* each way for travel commencing 9 December 2015. To celebrate, Tigerair is also putting fares between Sydney and Coffs Harbour on sale today from just $39* each way.
Tigerair first launched services to Coffs Harbour from Sydney in February 2013 when it became the airline’s first intrastate route. With the new services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour, the airline now delivers over 2,000 visitor seats weekly through Coffs Harbour Airport.
Tigerair Commercial Director Adam Rowe says this is further good news for consumers, tourism and the economy as Tigerair continues to respond to consumer demand with new international and domestic services, as part of the airline’s transformation.
“Our consistently great value fares stimulate air travel in this country and provide a welcome boost for tourism. Coffs Harbour is a great tourism destination for families and leisure seekers, with a fantastic year round climate, great beaches and resorts. We are confident this new route will be popular with both local Coffs Harbour residents and Melburnians seeking an affordable getaway.
Coffs Harbour Mayor, Councillor Denise Knight welcomed today’s news of more services to the region.
“Tigerair has shown, once again, huge confidence in Coffs Harbour Regional Airport and the region with this latest new route announcement.
“The advent of low cost carriers to other leisure destinations such as the Sunshine Coast and Ballina/Byron has resulted in significant growth to those areas and I’m absolutely positive that this new service is going to be great for tourism and great for our community.”
Today’s announcement of new services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour closely follows a number of other network announcements from Tigerair. Three Boeing 737-800 aircraft will soon join the Tigerair fleet to enable the airline’s first short haul international services to Bali** from Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth, commencing March 2016.
A new 14th A320 aircraft will also join the fleet, to be based in Sydney from early December. The following additional domestic services were announced recently; more weekly return flights between Sydney and Whitsunday Coast, Sydney and Cairns, Sydney and Adelaide and Melbourne and Gold Coast.
– Three weekly return services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour commence from 9 December (every Monday, Wednesday and Friday).
– Services depart Melbourne at 9:05 am Mondays and Wednesdays and at 08:45am on Fridays. Returning from Coffs Harbour at 11:25am and 11:05am respectively.
– The three weekly return services between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour complement the existing three weekly return services between Sydney and Coffs Harbour providing an additional 1080 visitor seats weekly through Coffs Harbour Airport.
– When the new Melbourne – Coffs Harbour services commence, Tigerair will provide over 2100 visitor seats every week through Coffs Harbour Airport.
– Fares are on sale from 10am today between Melbourne and Coffs Harbour from just $59* each way.
– Fares are on sale today from 10am between Sydney and Coffs Harbour from just $39* each way.