A Halloween party at Bran Castle in Romania, jamming at Reggae Sumfest in Jamaica, indulging at Pizzafest in Italy, and joining in a longboat race in Cambodia are just a few once-in-a-lifetime experiences available to travellers with the launch of G Adventures’ new Limited Edition collection.
The new programme from the leading small group adventure tour operator combines existing ‘one-off trips’ with newly designed trips, and is intended to get travellers even more immersed in a country by delivering experiences that are completely unique to a place and its people.
Adrian Piotto, Managing Director G Adventures Australia and New Zealand, said travellers are looking harder for adventures that give them a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.
“Aussie travellers have always been adventurous, but now they are pushing the boundaries further – we are seeing travellers looking to venture to new places and participate in local events and traditions. With this new selection of trips we have taken our knowledge of what works in event-based tourism, and expanded that to include all new, next-level trips.”
“Our Limited Edition trips will appeal to a variety of interests with unusual and wonderful one-off experiences for music fans, active travellers, wildlife lovers, foodies and culture vultures,” said Piotto.
The 32 trips offer experiences in more than 20 countries, and include more recognised events such as La Tomatina in Spain, Carnivals in Rio de Janiero, Brazil, and Venice, Italy, and Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
Brand new Limited Edition itineraries unique to G Adventures include:
- Halloween in Transylvania – Come in costume to a party at Bran Castle, rumoured to be a one of the most haunted places in Europe. We have the castle to ourselves as this is an invite only event – for 100 G Adventures travellers! After a guided tour of the castle by Dracula himself, party well into the night. This seven-day trip also includes travel from Bucharest to Sibiu, Sighișoara and Bran. Priced from $1,599pp.
- Serengeti Half Marathon Experience – This one-of-a-kind eight-day adventure was made for running enthusiasts eager to get off the treadmill or the pavement and try something different. Spend a few days getting the lay of the land by meeting members of a local village and tracking the Big Five on wildlife safari drives around Serengeti National Park. Next, it’s the big race, followed by two days spent exploring the wondrous Ngorongoro Crater. Priced from $4,199pp.
- Jamaica Reggae Sumfest Experience – Jump into the action and get in the groove with an included ticket to three nights of Reggae Sumfest in Montego Bay. Prepare to see local acts, international stars, and dance the night away to the island beats. One or two big international names typically are on the bill on evening. Featuring Dancehall Night, Reggae Night and a little bit of everything in between. A four-day trip is priced from $899pp.
- Pizzafest – Explore everything pizza at Pizza Village, the home of Pizzafest! Enjoy pizza making demonstrations, listen to authentic Neapolitan music, and of course try some of the most delicious pizza in Italy. There are also visits to Pompeii and Sorrento included in this five-day tour, where travellers will try their hand at limoncello-making to wash down the pizza. Priced from $899pp.
- Cambodian Water Festival & Longboat Race – Spend a week in Siem Reap, Cambodia training for the main event. Work with a team from a local Buddhist temple to prepare the team’s dragon boat and train to compete in the main event celebrating the reversal of the Tonle Sap river. Priced from $1,099pp.
For more information or to book a trip to any of the above destinations, call 1300 796 618 or visit www.gadventures.com.au/limited-edition