TripAdvisor today announced an extension to Review Express – accommodation owners will now have the ability to encourage recent guests to complete a private survey along with providing a TripAdvisor review. The new feature is a free add-on to the popular Review Express solution, which has now been used by over 100,000 businesses. Using the private survey tool in conjunction with Review Express will help small and independent hotel and bed & breakfast owners to easily collect TripAdvisor reviews and private guest feedback at the same time.
Launched in May 2013, Review Express provides business owners with the option to send a customized review request email to guests post-stay by uploading email addresses into the Review Express platform. Businesses working with one of TripAdvisor’s technology partners have the added option of setting up an automatically generated request two days after check out. The new private survey tool, developed as a result of feedback from owners, provides a powerful addition to this process, allowing businesses to gain more detailed insights into guest feedback.
TripAdvisor consulted with property owners to develop a list of key elements on which hoteliers would want specific feedback from their guests. This allowed TripAdvisor to design a suite of questions hoteliers can choose from to build a customized guest satisfaction survey of up to seven questions. Once a guest responds to the survey, the responses are available for owners to view and download from the Review Express dashboard in the Management Centre, providing businesses with actionable insights on operations and performance.
“Since launch, over 100,000 hospitality businesses, including 60,000 accommodation owners, have used Review Express as part of their post-stay communication strategy and the results have been impressive. According to our data, Review Express users see on average a 28 percent increase in their number of reviews on TripAdvisor, demonstrating how impactful the tool can be in encouraging past guests or customers to share feedback. With the levels of success we have already seen, it was a natural progression for us to add a private survey feature to the Review Express solution for accommodation businesses,” said Minesh Shah, senior director, global hotel partnerships, TripAdvisor.
“We know that both reviews and private feedback play an important role in helping hoteliers optimize operations and build customer loyalty,” continued Shah. “This is why we worked closely with business owners to create a free tool enabling them to gather valuable guest feedback in a simple and efficient way. The private survey extension takes the Review Express feature to the next level, helping small and independent accommodation gain additional insights from reviews by asking targeted, specific questions to identify improvement opportunities.”
Review Express private survey features:
- Free: product is free and available to all registered accommodation providers in all TripAdvisor languages across all points of sale
- Private: guest feedback results are only accessible by the owner and have no impact on ranking or rating
- Optional: owners can turn the display of the private survey on or off at any time
- Automated: businesses using a participating hotel technology provider can set up automated Review Express campaigns to include a private survey
- Easy and customizable: owners can quickly build and modify their own custom survey at any time through a user friendly drag and drop interface
- Impactful: results feed into the Review Express dashboard, where they can be used to identify actionable insights and be modified to report on specified date ranges. Results can also be downloaded by owners for further analysis
For more information about Review Express + Private Surveys please visit: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TripAdvisorInsights/n2623/review-express-private-surveys-quick-start-guide