New Social Harmony Themed Mind, Body and Spirt Journeys at the Spa at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
The Resort’s new journeys are inspired by the core Thai concept of social harmony, from consideration for others to maintaining one’s own equilibrium. Groups that have distinctive roles in the community head six distinctive menu sections: Servers, Farmers, Craftsmen, Nobility, Royalty, Monks.
Each concept offers a facial and selections of massages, body treatments and rituals, and begins with an inspirational quote from sages and savants such as The Buddha, Kahlil Gibran, Pat Collelo, Ernest Hemingway and the Dalai Lama.
- The Server section identifies servers as the foundation of society, living in truth free from unnecessary distraction, ego and excess. The unique treatments include Yothai Facial Massage, which is a regenerative facial to oxygenate sensitive or ageing skin using organic local ingredients and centuries-old techniques; traditional Thai Massage; and traditional Thai herbal stream.
- Farmers are people to learn from as they nurture crops and nourish people. Treatments include Earth Glow Facial, Samunprai Massage, Rice & Spice Scrub and Grounding Earth Ritual massage. Each treatment has its own highlights. For example, Earth Glow Facial draws on the restorative benefits of hand-harvested argan oil; Samunprai Massage focuses on the combination of acupressure with aromatherapy by using hot poultices of lemongrass, rai, turmeric and kaffir lime leaves; and Rice & Spice Scrub uses home-grown Thai herbs and spices as its main components.
- Craftsmen excel at self-expression, demonstrating the healing and creative impulses latent in everyone. Treatments include Art of Purity Facial, Waves of Wonder Massage, True Reflections Scrub and Spirit of Freedom Ritual.
- Noblemen are affluent, influential and self-actualised. Noblemen burn bright with positive intentions. Treatments include Chi Nei Tsang, Uplifting Detox Scrub and Inner Fire Ritual.
- Royalty are born into a life of sovereignty. The Royal is guider and protector of the people and leader of virtues. Treatments include Royal Silk & Gold Facial, Royal Samunprai, Royal Lanna Signature treatment and Royal Heart Ritual.
- Monks are the most revered level of Thai society, on a dedicated path to awakening and enlightenment. Treatments include Herbal Oil Massage, Awakening Kundalini and Mystery of the Sacred Ritual.
Moreover, special yoga classes are offered to help guests breathe properly, strengthen the body, rebalance the nervous system and find inner calm, including: Sunrise Yoga, Yoga Asana, Yoga Nidra, Pranayama, Hatha Yoga, Meditation, and Pregnancy Yoga.
There are also special similarly themed treatments for children aged 6 – 12 years that introduce young bodies and minds to the gifts of wellness.
Overall, the treatments invite guests on an evolutionary exploration of the self as part of a greater whole.
The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai features seven spacious treatment suites offering total privacy for individuals or couples. Each suite offers a variety of facilities, including outdoor showers, private herbal stream rooms and outdoor soaking tubs. Two of the suites have rain shower massage tables. The Spa also features a Lanna-style beauty salon.
To make a reservation, contact Spa team at +66 53 298 181 or e-mail: [email protected]