Home » Headline News » Currently Reading:

Newly branded airline receives the first B737 MAX

May 18, 2017 Headline News No Comments Email Email

Boeing has made the first delivery of its new 737 MAX 8, handing one over to an airline with a new name – as can be seen on the side of the plane – which will now become the first carrier to put the 737 MAX into commercial service.

The plane was handed over to Batik Air Malaysia, the new name for Malindo Air, at the Seattle Delivery Centre.

The Asian airline is still technically named Malindo, which derives from the names Malaysia and Indonesia, signifying a cooperative pact between the two countries. It’s in the process of rebranding to Batik Air Malaysia and the new aircraft provides the first look at the new livery.

The airline is 49% owned by Lion Group (which operates the largest privately held airline in Indonesia, Lion Air) with the remaining 51% predominantly held by Chandran Rama Muthy, Batik Air Malaysia’s chief executive.

Malindo’s new B737 MAX display’s the airline’s new name, Batik Malaysia

“This airplane will change the face of the single-aisle market,” Boeing Commercial Airplanes president and chief execuitive, Kevin McAllister, declared.

“The 737 MAX 8 is the best in its class, providing unmatched performance and economics for our airline customers.”

Muthy said the Boeing 737NG fleet had served Malindo well in its growth “and we believe that the 737 MAX will become the centrepiece of our fleet. These new aircraft will allow us to go to further destinations and will play a key role in providing lower air fares to our customers.”

Boeing says its 737 MAX family is designed to offer “the greatest flexibility, reliability and efficiency in the single-aisle market”. Every airplane will feature the new Boeing Sky Interior, highlighted by modern sculpted sidewalls and window reveals, LED lighting that enhances the sense of spaciousness and larger pivoting overhead stowage bins.

The 737 MAX is the fastest-selling aircraft in Boeing’s history. To date, it has received almost 3700 orders from 87 customers around the world.

Written by Peter Needham

Comment on this Article:







Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership

ADVERTISEMENTS

Elite Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Premier Partnership Sponsors

ADVERTISEMENTS

Official Media Event Partner

ADVERTISEMENTS

Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication

ADVERTISEMENTS

GLOBAL TRAVEL MEDIA VIDEOS