Following an extensive enhancement programme, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Pride of America is back in business, feeling like a new ship following a three and a half week dry-dock , where she received ship-wide enhancements. Sailing from her Honolulu homeport showing off newly designed public spaces, incredible fresh dining venues and new, contemporary décor across all staterooms. Undertaken as part of the US$400 million Norwegian Edge™ programme, Pride of America’s new look and feel exudes excellence, freedom and flexibility, and sets a new standard of excellence for the entire guest experience. Plus, for the month of May only, the line is celebrating with an exclusive Free at Sea Bonus Offer!
“After more than three weeks in dry dock, we are looking forward to welcoming guests aboard the enhanced Pride of America,” said Mr Steve Odell, Senior Vice President and Managing Director Asia Pacific for Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings.
“Hawaii is an incredibly popular destination amongst Australian cruisers, and it’s easy to see why. Cruising is an exciting and unique way to experience Hawaii’s diverse islands, and Pride of America’s 7-day one-of-a-kind itinerary – which sails year-round – offers nearly 100 hours on shore, including overnight stays in Kahului, Maui and Nãwiliwili, Kaua`i; stops in Hilo and Kona, Hawaii; an afternoon cruise along the spectacular Nãpali Coast; and a choice of 89 shore excursions,” added Ms Nicole Costantin, Vice President Sales, Norwegian Cruise Line.
Highlights of Pride of America’s refurbishment include:
- Top-to-tail renovations for several restaurants, bars and lounges
- Updates for every stateroom, including new bedding, furniture and flat screen TVs
- Revitalised and expanded Mandara Spa with tranquil wood, stone and Mexican décor
- Complete pool deck refurbishment including a refinished pool, new loungers and Jacuzzis
- New Soho Art Gallery – an expansive venue offering original artworks to purchase
- New Perspectives Photo Studio where guests can have memorable holiday shots taken
- Newly located wedding chapel on deck six boasting fresh flooring, furniture and wall fixtures
- Transformed Conservatory for relaxation with new furniture, floors and décor
- New look for the library and card rooms including six computer stations for internet access
Dining enhancements on board include extensive renovations to all existing complimentary dining venues, including the Skyline Main Dining Room which has a new entrance and room design; the rebirth of signature Italian restaurant La Cucina into an intimate, elegant venue; upgrades to specialty restaurants East Meets West, Cagney’s Steakhouse and Jefferson’s Bistro; the addition of signature gelataria Dolce Gelato and delicious new menus featuring the latest trends across all dining outlets, giving guests more freedom and flexibility to choose when and where they dine.
The 89 shore excursion options on Pride of America’s Hawaii sailing ranges from snorkelling, parasailing, zip-lining and hiking, to immersive cultural and culinary experiences.
Shore excursion highlights include:
- Volcanoes National Park – a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Pearl Harbour – site of the famous Japanese aerial attack that launched the US into WWII
- Kauai Plantation Railroad which traverses fruit orchards and gardens of exotic tropical flora
- The iconic movie locations of Kauai, a long-term Hollywood tropical paradise film favourite
- Hawaii’s agricultural heart with its flowerbeds, orchid nurseries and coffee farms
- Sacred sites of Kauai, including a traditional Luau at the historic Kilohana Plantation
- An eco-tour including lush rainforest hiking, 40-ft waterfalls and natural swimming pools
- Snorkelling at family-friendly Redhill’s enchanting coral gardens, teeming with tropical fish
Booking window: 1 May 2016 – 22 May 2016
Applicable sailings: all Pride of America sailings through to 16 December 2017
- For Balcony or Oceanview Staterooms, choose from: one night pre-cruise hotel stay, pre-paid service charges, or specialty dining package AND receive a complimentary photo package (50 photos), plus US$100 Arcade Credit per stateroom
- For Studio and Inside Staterooms, receive a complimentary photo package (50 photos), plus US$100 Arcade Credit per stateroom
To book a cruise aboard Norwegian Cruise Line, contact a travel professional, call Norwegian’s local hotline, Australia: 1300 255 200, New Zealand: 0800 969 283 email email@example.com, or visit www.ncl.com.au