News of a lawsuit involving Luxperience arrived on an unfortunate day for the organisers of the luxury travel show.
The business exchange for luxury and high-end experiential travel specialists and suppliers from around the world was held in Sydney last week.
Luxperience ran from 6 to 9 September 2015. On its opening day, Sunday 6 September, the Sydney Sun Herald ran a story headlined “Luxperience and founder Helen Logas sued for breach of contract”.
The article said “some of the gloss of the exclusive event has worn off” after a falling out between two of the big names in the travel industry, former Luxperience chief executive Lindy Andrews and Luxperience founder Helen Logas.
The article then outlined a suit in the NSW District Court in which Andrews is suing Logas and Luxperience for breach of contract, damages and costs totalling more than AUD 500,000.
Logas was quoted as saying “we intend to vigorously defend the court action”.
Whatever the outcome of the case, it caught the eye of a fair few at Luxperience and drew comments.
Beverly Hills Conference & Visitors Bureau chief executive, Julie Wagner, said she was surprised to read the report on the eve of the conference.
Beverly Hills, one of the world’s most sought-after luxury destinations, is precisely the sort of product Luxperience seeks. The premier holiday and business travel destination in greater Los Angeles is synonymous with Hollywood glamour, grand mansions, chic shops and A-list movie stars.
Wagner said she enjoyed Luxperience and found it useful. The schedule was busy, she said, though to have several no-shows was disappointing. Wagner commented that she thought Luxperience could benefit from a tighter focus and the involvement of more major hotel chains and airlines.
Written by Peter Needham