Shortly following a pre advisory board meeting taking place in Oslo last Friday, Niklas Schlappkohl, Senior Director, eCommerce at the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, was elected Chair of the HSMAI Europe Digital Marketing Advisory Board, along with Vice Chair Terri Scriven, Industry Head of Hospitality at Google UK.
“We are extremely pleased to see these very important positions filled by two eminent experts, propelling HSMAI forward as a powerhouse for digital marketing within the travel and hospitality industry,” says Ingunn Hofseth, CEO and President of HSMAI Europe, continuing:
“The choice of Chair and Vice Chair is a balanced mix of the hospitality side and tech side, which is certainly going to help enable us to combine both aspects. We have been very lucky to draw on Niklas Schlappkohl’s expertise during the three years he has served as a member of the Digital Marketing Advisory Board, so we know the board is in the best of hands. Also we couldn’t be happier that they are now serving alongside an outstanding group of marketing experts.”
In addition to Mr Schlappkohl and Ms Scriven, the HSMAI Europe Digital Marketing Advisory Board is made up by:
• Paul Mulcahy, SVP Commercial, Member of Mövenpick Hotels and Resorts Executive Committee, Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts
• Erik Muñoz, Chief Marketing Officer, PriceMatch
• Suzie Wotton, Vice President of Marketing, Red Carnation Hotels
• RJ Friedlander, Founder and CEO, ReviewPro
• Riko van Santen, Vice President Digital Strategy, Loyalty & Distribution, Kempinski Hotels
• Frank Reeves, Founder, CEO, Avvio
• Torsten Sabel, COO, Customer Alliance
• Ingvild Elise Larner, Vice President Guest Relations and Communication, Nordic Choice Hotels
• Stephen Williams, Group Sales & Marketing, Windward Management
• Christopher Robinson, Sr. Manager, Global eCommerce + Digital Services – Europe, Marriott Digital
“Keeping up to date with the constantly changing landscape is paramount for our continued work,” says Mr. Schlappkohl. “In order to reach that goal we will apply the most recent and best developments to enhance and advance the customer experience, improving the digital marketing and digital presence of the industry, and assist with the link from online to hotels themselves,” he explains.
“Also, helping the hospitality sector to optimise profitability in the ever-changing environment, where customers are hyperconnected, to stay ahead and create and share best practises, should be something of a focal point for us,” Ms Scriven, newly elected Vice Chair, adds.
The HSMAI Europe Digital Marketing Advisory Board will have their next meeting in London on 17 June 2015, in which the Digital Marketing Certification and the upcoming HSMAI Digital Marketing Conference, also taking place in London in November, will be a central subject.
Photo caption: Terri Scriven, Industry Head of Hospitality in Google UK, and Niklas Schlappkohl, Senior Director eCommerce at the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, elected Vice Chair and Chair respectively of the HSMAI Europe Digital Marketing Advisory Board, in Google Norway’s Oslo offices.