Nomatic, ‘The Most Popular Travel Bag’ in Kickstarter History, Surpasses Million Dollar Funding Milestone
There’s overwhelming popularity for the Nomatic Travel Bag, which has attracted more than $1 million in support from over 5,500 backers on Kickstarter since it was launched in July.
With two weeks still remaining on Kickstarter, it’s already the most successful travel bag in the history of the crowdfunding site – passing the magical million-dollar mark with a campaign that has now blasted past its initial crowdfunding goal by 5,000 percent.
“This incredible success, and raising more than a million dollars for our invention, is a strong validation that we’re solving problems for travelers,” said co-founder Jacob Durham. “The remarkable support we’ve received proves the world’s been waiting for a versatile bag that makes traveling a lot easier – especially when people want to use just a single bag on short trips of seven days or less. For those travelers, Nomatic is their single-bag solution.”
With 20 different features ranging from multiple compartments designed to carry laptops, notebooks and water bottles to sections that will keep shoes and soiled garments separated from clean clothes, the Nomatic Travel Bag was designed with the frequent traveler in mind.
The Nomatic Travel Bag’s 20 features include:
- An airport security-friendly padded and secure laptop pocket designed so security screeners have a clear and unobstructed view, allowing travelers to keep computers in the laptop pocket during security screenings.
- A padded tablet pocket inside the main compartment door that keeps it easily accessible and safe, featuring a Velcro-flap designed with a slot to allow charging on-the-go with a power bank while keeping it secure.
- A notebook pocket sized to hold a Basics Notebook or any other book of a similar size (about 5.5″ x 8.75″).
- A special pocket for a water bottle at the top of the bag, lined with water-proof material to make it easier for travelers to stay hydrated during trips and also assure that other items stay dry in case of a leak.
- A radio frequency identification (RFID) pocket with a TSA-approved lock that keeps scan-able items safe from RFID scanners and valuables safe from pickpockets, unscrupulous room service personnel and other potential threats.
- A separate laundry bag, designed to hang on a door knob so travelers can easily toss clothes in, that is then simply zipped up to fit perfectly in the main bag compartment on the way home to keep dirty clothes separate and more organized.
- An innovative vacuum bag that allows travelers to pack more clothes in half the space.
- A shoe compartment that can easily fit up to two pairs of Size-12 shoes.
- A miscellaneous compartment that can be used to store socks, underwear, or even a light jacket for easy access if travelers get cold during their journey.
- A soft, fleece-lined valuables pocket on the top side of the bag for storing a phone, sunglasses and other valuables.
- A combination of mesh, fleece-lined, and zipper pockets for storing power cords, power banks, laptop chargers and any other items.
- A unique strap system allows travelers to wear the bag in a backpack or duffel bag position without dangling straps.
- A comfortable handle to make carrying the bag by hand easy and less painful.
- An adjustable sternum strap to make it more comfortable when used in its back-pack configuration.
Success seems to follow Durham and co-founder Jon Richards, who previously raised nearly $600,000 from crowdfunding with their popular wallet and notebook products. By combining the best elements of a backpack, duffel bag and carry-on luggage to create “the world’s most functional travel bag,” the team has built on their earlier success.
The Nomatic Travel Bag is available on Kickstarter until Sept.1. To take advantage of early-bird pricing and to find out more, visit:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1131502390/the-nomatic-travel-bag