Join food and wine enthusiasts from all over the nation as they descend on Noosa from 19 – 22 May 2016 for the Noosa Food & Wine Festival. Festival participants can look forward to discovering new flavours alongside great Australian wines, artisan foods, culinary talent and the finest Queensland produce in one of Australia’s leading food destinations.
Event-goers will have the opportunity to indulge in a range of events staged in the Festival Village, on Noosa’s stunning Main Beach as well as an array of other events held across the region in Noosa restaurants and in the Noosa Hinterland.
Alesha Gooderham, Director of Noosa Food & Wine said: “We are beginning a new chapter for the Noosa Food & Wine event. We will deliver a fresh program that celebrates the talent and enterprise of Noosa’s chefs, restaurateurs and producers and bring them together with Australia’s leading culinary talent and wine makers.”
“The 2016 Noosa Food & Wine Festival brings new opportunities to create a program that will ensure the event is anticipated, savoured and enjoyed by the local community as well as our friends and family in Queensland, inter-state and abroad.”
The Festival, supported by Tourism and Events Queensland and Tourism Noosa will be spearheaded by some of Noosa’s and Australia’s leading chefs including the likes of Ben O’Donoghue, Pete Evans, Adriano Zumbo, Massimo Mele, David Rayner, Shane Bailey, Peter Kuruvita, David Pugh, Matt Golinski and delicious. 2015 outstanding chef James Vile.
Celebrity Chef and Author Pete Evans is a new addition to the Festival and commented on this “I am really looking forward to heading to Noosa in May for the 2016 Noosa Food & Wine Festival. I will be participating in a range of events over the weekend from a Paleo Discussion Q&A, to a co-hosted dinner on Noosa Main Beach as well as having a bit of fun on Sunday morning with the Chefs vs Surfers breakfast. The new approach to the Festival embodies the best of food, wine and lifestyle and I am looking forward to being a part of this.”
2016 Noosa Food and Wine Festival highlights include:
– A collective of world-renowned chefs including Tobie Puttock, Ben O’Donoghue (Billy Kart Restaurant), Pete Evans (Asana) Adriano Zumbo (Patissier), Spencer Patrick (Harrison Port Douglas – 1 Hat), Nick Holloway (Nu Nu Palm Cove), Nick Street-Brown (Coast Hervey Bay – 1 Hat), David Pugh (Restaurant Two, QLD Ambassador), Richard Ousby (Stokehouse Brisbane), Ben Bertei (Longtime), Janelle Bloom (Ready Steady Cook), Dan Hong(Mr Wong), Benjamin Cooper (Chin Chin) and more.
– A line-up of Noosa chefs including Shane Bailey (Noosa Boathouse), David Rayner (Thomas Corner Eatery), Peter Kuruvita (Noosa Beach House Peter Kuruvita), Jiro Numata & Zeb Gilbert (Wasabi Restaurant & Bar), Andrea Ravezzani (Noosa Waterfront Restaurant & Bar), Andy Davies (Locale Noosa), Anthony Lewis (Flux), Benni Molloy (Gaston), Andrew Tomlin (Season), Emmett Malone (Sirocco Noosa), Eric Pernoud (Maison de Provence), Geoffroy Marcq (Whisky Boy Noosa), Oliver Carruthers (Café Le Monde), Paul Leete (Sails Noosa) and Peter Ridland (Miss Moneypenny’s).
– A Festival Village hub located at the Noosa Lions Park with a varying program of activity for each day, including Noosa restaurant stalls, wine, craft beer and tapas bars, cooking demonstrations master-classes and artisan producers marquee.
– A range of events hosted on iconic Noosa Main Beach as well as hinterland and coastal food trails.
– Lifestyle events including yoga on Noosa Main Beach followed by a celebrity breakfast, as well as a breakfast featuring surfers versus chefs by ‘Surfing the Menu’s Ben O’Donoghue.
Tourism and Events Queensland proudly supports Noosa Food and Wine as part of the It’s Live! in Queensland events calendar, which highlights Australia’s best live events in spectacular destinations.
The full program will be released in early 2016 with tickets sales from January 2016. For further information and details visit www.noosafoodwinefestival.com.au.