2016 marks fifty years since the M/S Sunward made her first voyage from Miami to the Caribbean on 19 December1966, signifying the birth of Norwegian Caribbean Line. Today, now known as Norwegian Cruise Line, the company is a leading global cruise brand with 14 purpose-built contemporary ships sailing to more than 300 destinations – including, in 2017, to Australia and New Zealand for the first timein 15 years, with Norwegian Star visiting in February and Norwegian Jewel arriving in November to be based in Australasia year-round.
To celebrate 50 years of innovative freestyle cruising, Norwegian is inviting its guests, travel professionals, partners, team members and future guests to share fifty years of memories via the company’s #NorwegiansFirst50 Anniversary Campaign.
This global initiative invites both those familiar with and new to the brand to visit the dedicated website, NorwegiansFirst50.com, to view a photographic timeline of the Line’s first 50 years. Norwegian Cruise Line’s guests, employees and travel partners are invited to contribute to the dynamic timeline by uploading their own Norwegian Cruise Line photos and stories. The site will serve as a living, growing tribute to 50 years of feeling free with Norwegian Cruise Line! Plus, Australians who share their memories using the site, will have the chance to win* a cruise for two in a Balcony Stateroom valued at AU$3,500, as a reward for joining in the celebration.
“We are celebrating fifty years of incredible moments aboard our ships, and it’s the people — our guests, travel partners and team members — who make our history so special. We wouldn’t be here today without their loyalty and dedication,” said Andy Stuart, President and Chief Executive Officer for Norwegian Cruise Line.
Those who wish to sail aboard Norwegian Cruise Line during its official 50th anniversary month, can select from 46 cruise holidays departing during December 2016, with itineraries including:
- three eight-day cruises departing 18 December from New York to Florida & The Bahamas on Norwegian Breakaway; from Miami to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Getaway; and from Tampa to the Western Caribbean on Norwegian Jade;
- four 7-day inter island Hawaii cruises (round-trip Honolulu) departing every Saturday throughout the month aboard Pride of America, and
- nine Mexico, Panama Canal and South American itineraries.
Those who wish to experience Norwegian Cruise Line close to home, can book onto one of Norwegian Star’s local February 2017 sailings, or one of Norwegian Jewel’s inaugural Australia/New Zealand season from November 2017 to March 2018, with departures including:
- 6 February 2017, 12 day Australia & New Zealand from Sydney, from AU$2,104 pp twin share
- 6 February 2017, 31 day Australia & New Zealand from Sydney, from AU$4,885 pp twin share
- 18 February 2017, 19 day Australia & New Zealand from Auckland, from AU$2,419 pp twin share
- 18 February 2017, 37 day Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia & India from Auckland, from AU$6,370 pp twin share
- 12 November 2017, 5 day Tasmania Sampler from Sydney, from AU$1,050 pp twin share
- 17 November & 23 December 2017, 13 day Australia & New Zealand from Sydney, from AU$2,158 pp twin share
- 14 December 2017, 9 day East Coast and Tasmania from Sydney, from AU$1,570 pp twin share
Guests booking before 31 October 2016 will receive Norwegian Cruise Line’s special Free at Sea value-add offer, inviting them to choose up tofive complimentary offers including free Beverage Packages, Specialty Dining Packages, 250 minutes of WiFi, Pre-Paid Service Charges and Friends & Family Sail at a Reduced Rate– PLUS every Norwegian Jewel booking in Balcony Suites and above will also receive US$100 onboard credit.