O Canada! Historical Icons Unite With Modern and Accessible Luxury, Making Now The Perfect Time to Visit
Canada is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking landscapes, cosmopolitan cities, and culturally significant landmarks.
Offering an affordable luxury experience that is close to home,Fairmont Hotels & Resorts boasts iconic properties that bring Canada’s unique culture to life, offering superior service, five-star accommodation and unrivalled Canadian experiences. Many of these landmark properties celebrate exciting milestones, offer picturesque outdoor adventures, and captivate guests with extraordinary art collections and unique dining experiences – all at an attractive price point given the strength of the American dollar.
Fairmont Jasper Park Lodge continues to celebrate 100 years of hospitality with a series of Centennial Events and activities planned throughout the remainder of the year. An extensive $16 million, multi-year renovation has commenced to revitalise the Great Canadian Lodge Experience and will touch every corner of the resort, with 90% of guest rooms renovated by May 2016.
Guests are invited to be part of this iconic landmark’s 100th year anniversary celebration with the Centennial Package, including accommodation in a Fairmont room and a $100 Resort Credit per night to be used towards Dining, Spa, Recreation Rentals or activities booked through Concierge. Rates startat $299 CAD per night based on double occupancy.
In June of 1930, a private Seignory Club was built for the rich and famous in just four months using over 10,000 red cedar logs. The club was converted into a beautiful rustic chic hotel in 1970, andFairmont Le Château Montebello now celebrates 85 years in the community. To mark this milestone year, the hotel is featuring a myriad of 85th Anniversary promotions:
• Book the Celebration Package, which includes overnight accommodations and breakfast for two. This package is offered at a rate of $85 per person, based on double occupancy. Available Sunday to Thursday, until December 21, 2015.
• Designed by Stanley Thompson, golfers thrive on the challenges of the hotel’s lush golf course. From September 20th until end of season, starting Sunday’s at noon to Friday’s at noon, two people can play for $85. Price includes the cart and green fees.
• The celebrations continue in the Spa, where visitors and guests can book either a 45 minute relaxation massage or a 45 minute Great Canadian Customised Facial for $85. This offer is available throughout 2015.
• Turning 30 in 2015? Anyone born in 1985 will get a 30$ room revenue credit during their stay. This offer is available throughout 2015.
• Last but not least, over the years this beautiful resort has been a location where many have come to celebrate special occasions. Anyone staying at the hotel celebrating an 85th anniversary…the cake is free!
For skiers heading to the mile-high runs of Whistler Village, a pre or post overnight at Fairmont Vancouver Airport provides a stress free way for early getaways – whether it’s for the drive to the mountains or the flight back home. The Runway to the Slopes package includes overnight accommodation at North America’s #1 Airport hotel and a winter-warming cocktail with rates starting from $255 CDN per room, plus tax (based double occupancy). Children 18 years and under stay free when sharing the room and the hotel has a full fitness center with sauna, indoor mechanised lap pool, and an award-winning restaurant and bar. Guests can print off boarding passes in the hotel lobby before heading off on the seamless walk to the departure gates. The hotel also offers day use rooms and access to the fitness center for shorter stopovers.
Fairmont Château Whistler goes above and beyond to help their guests explore the best terrain at Whistler Blackcomb, the No. 1 ski resort in North America.
• The Whistler Experience Guide is a longtime local who tours groups of skiers and riders, based on ability, to the freshest snow, the best terrain and the most iconic views in the alpine. Touring the slopes with the Fairmont’s Whistler Experience Guide is free for all hotel guests seeking authentically local experiences, off the beaten track. Additional winter adventures including snowshoeing and ice skating are also available through the hotel’s in-house Whistler Experience Guide.
• As North America’s largest true ski-in, ski-out property, Fairmont Château Whistler’s ski valet allows guests to literally ski up to the hotel, click out of their skis and walk towards the hotel with hot chocolate in hand. The valet stores the equipment and even pops guests’ boots onto dryers to ensure each pair are toasty warm and dry the next morning for another day on the mountains.
• Fairmont Château Whistler’s Chocolate Bar is a sweet alternative to the typical après-ski, offering organic, single-origin sourced chocolate including flavors like dried apricot and cherry milk chocolate, marbled milk and white chocolate with vanilla bean, and a requisite 72 per cent dark chocolate are expertly paired with wine, port or whisky and served fireside for a refined, yet perfectly indulgent, approach to après ski.
• The Chalet offers a storybook setting for fondue in the middle of a winter wonderland. For a unique after dinner treat, Chalet staff can wheel over a beautiful, handcrafted wood wagon showcasing a variety of artisanal Schnapps style liquors from British Columbia’s Okanagan region for a tasting.
Head to Banff National Park to celebrate the joy of Christmas and the festive holiday season atFairmont Banff Springs, a Christmas Castle in the Rockies. The hotel offers exciting activities to fill each day, dining experiences to tempt the taste buds and time honored traditions to share with loved ones. Available between Saturday, December 19, 2015 and Thursday, December 31, 2015, the Christmas at the Castle Package starts at $479 per night based on double occupancy and includes:
• Luxury Accommodation in a Fairmont room
• In-room Decorated Christmas Tree (3ft)
• Manager’s Welcome Reception
• Hotel Heritage Tours
• Movie Night / Family Bingo
RESTORATIONS & RENOVATIONS
By the end of Spring 2016, all 405 guestrooms at Fairmont Le Manoir Richelieu will have a new look. Guests will enjoy the contemporary and luxurious comfort of the new rooms with the completion of this major investment. In June 2015, guests were welcomed by an entirely new and renovated spa featuring 12 new treatment rooms, including 3 tandem rooms, as well as a new bistro and rest area. Guests can try one of the new NeuroSpa chairs, or treat themselves to a manicure or pedicure.
Fairmont Royal York is thrilled to announce that Front Street is now open and fully accessible, once again making the hotel the focal point of the city. Located just steps away from Union Station – Canada’s busiest transportation hub – guests have easy access to every single neighborhood in Toronto. Fairmont Royal York continues into the next phase of its multi-million dollar revitalisation plan, with over 500 brand new Luxury Rooms, and an additional 300 Luxury Rooms slated for completion by the end of 2015.
WINE, DINE & SHINE
Take shopping to the luxe level with a glamorous, custom-tailored experience at Fairmont Hotel Vancouver. The package includes accommodations on Fairmont Gold with private lounge and concierge, a private shopping session at the hotel’s gallery of designer shops that include Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton, Gucci and St. John, a personalised Louis Vuitton luggage tag and a welcome amenity. Rates start from $589 CDN per night, based on double occupancy.
Let the sparks fly at Fairmont Waterfront with a romantic getaway that includes a bottle of sparkling wine on ice, chocolate dipped strawberries, couturier silk mask from French Chantilly lace, breakfast for two and overnight accommodation with a late checkout. Rates start from $409 CDN per night, based on double occupancy.
Guests of Fairmont Pacific Rim will be captivated by its exterior, which boasts three extraordinary works of art that speak to the artistry of the growing international collection – eclectic in nature – that is housed within Vancouver’s definitive luxury hotel. Under the direction of owners/developers, Westbank and the Peterson Group, the collection is not themed, rather driven by interest and passion. Started in 2010 with the hotel’s opening, the collection includes works by Neil Campbell, James Cheng, Liam Gillick, Fred Herzog, Zhang Huan, Ian Wallace, Joseph Wu, and Omer Arbel for Bocci, and underlines a deep commitment to bringing art and artists into all aspects of the hotel’s design and development.
To fuel an artful passion, the hotel has introduced a new 35-minute art podcast tour that invites guests to explore and learn more about the public art and architectural detail at Fairmont Pacific Rim, beginning outside and gradually making their way inside to the works throughout the public areas of the hotel. Priority has been placed on showcasing the best of local Vancouver artists, and at the same time ensuring international and commissioned works are prominent.
Fairmont Winnipeg offers unique, hyper-local, bespoke dining experiences for couples and small groups (6 and under). Guests can choose to dine on the roof of the hotel at the Chef’s Table, or order a custom picnic to enjoy in one of the city’s parks. The picnic will be prepared and set up on site by a chef, allowing guests to pick the perfect location.. As the only hotel in Winnipeg with a kosher kitchen, Fairmont Winnipeg provides kosher menus featuring delicate hors d’oeuvres and exquisite entrées, all presented with stylish expertise and customised to suit individual needs.