oneworld® today collects its seventh best airline alliance award of the year, confirming its position as the world’s most highly prized airline alliance.
It receives its latest honour in the debut Trazees, a new award scheme presented by Trazee Travel, the web publication focussed on travellers aged between 18 and 25, from the Global Traveler group.
The Trazees Favourite Airline Alliance award is being presented today at a ceremony on the sidelines of the 2015 Global Business Travel Association convention, the biggest gathering of business travel buyers this year, taking place in Orlando, Florida, USA. The Best Airline Alliance trophy will be collected by oneworld’s Director of Sales José María Alvarado.
oneworld member airlines also fly high in the Trazees, with American Airlines named Favourite International Airline, and LAN Airlines Favourite Airline to South America.
Trazee’s Editor-in-Chief Kimberley Krol said: “As the inaugural winner in this category, it’s clear oneworld is a trendsetter in the industry, and a favorite of the millennial traveler, the most sought-after travel demographic.”
Nominations for the first-annual Trazees were collected from the web publication’s contributors, as well as via an online ballot completed by Trazee readers. Final winners were selected by a panel of Trazee and FX Express Publications, Inc. management.
The Trazee trophy will join the six others already taking pride of place in oneworld’s trophy cabinet:
- FlightStat’s 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for the second time running.
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015 Best Airline Alliance, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller’s 2014 Best Airline Alliance for the second year running.
- Global Traveler magazine’s Best Airline Alliance in its GT Tested Reader Survey 2014 Awards for the fifth year running.
- World Travel Awards’ World’s Leading Airline Alliance 2014, for the 12th year running.
- Premier Traveler’s Best of 2014 Readers Survey Best Airline Alliance for the second consecutive year.