oneworld® has been honoured with another two “best airline alliance” awards, after being named number one by the readers of two top business travel magazines – Global Traveler and Premier Traveler.
It means oneworld now retains eight of the 12 best airline alliance titles presented in the industry’s leading international award schemes.
Global Traveler confirmed oneworld as its readers’ favourite airline alliance in its 2015 GT Tested Reader Survey – for the sixth year in a row.
In addition, oneworld was the recipient of Global Traveler’s Best Alliance Wines on the Wing Award 2015, based on blind tastings of wines served in First and Business Class cabins around the world. oneworld already holds the only other airline alliance award presented worldwide for the quality of member airlines’ in-flight wines, Business Traveller’s Cellars in the Sky 2015 award.
Last night, Premier Traveler presented oneworld with its Best of 2015 Readers Survey Awards best airline alliance title for the third year running.
Along with these two honours, oneworld also holds six other best airline alliance titles:
- FlightStats’ 2014 Airline Alliance On-Time Performance Service Award for the second time running.
- Skytrax’s World Airline Awards 2015, for the third year running.
- Business Traveller (UK) 2015 Awards for the third year running.
- Global Traveler’s GT Tested 2014 Awards, for the fifth year running.
- World Travel Awards 2014, for the 12th year running.
- Trazees’ Favourite Airline Alliance 2015 in its debut awards.
oneworld member airlines also flew high in both Global Traveler and Premier Traveler’s individual airline categories.
In Premier Traveler’s Best of 2015 Readers Survey Awards, Cathay Pacific topped the leaders’ board as Airline of the Year. It also took two other titles – as Best International Airport Lounges and Best Airline to China.
American Airlines also received three awards – as Best North American Airline for First Class Service, Best Airline to South America, and Best Transcontinental Airline.
Japan Airlines, Qantas and Qatar Airways each took two trophies. JAL was named Best Airline to Asia and with the Best Premium Economy Worldwide. Qantas was judged Best to Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific, and Best A380 Layout. Qatar Airways was honoured as Best Business Class Worldwide and Best Airline to the Middle East.
British Airways too was among the winners, for Best Transatlantic Business Class Service, and airberlin also, as Best International Frequent Flyer Programme.
In the Global Traveler GT Tested Awards:
- Cathay Pacific took the prize for Best Airline for International First Class.
- LAN Airlines was honoured as Best Airline to South America.airberlin took two prizes – as Best Transatlantic Airline and, jointly, Best Airline in Europe.
- American Airlines took the top place for Best Airport Lounges.
oneworld CEO Bruce Ashby said: “oneworld aims to be the first choice alliance for frequent international travellers the world over, with quality one of our core values, so we very much appreciate being judged best in these two independent surveys of international air travellers. We will continue to strive to live up to these honours.”