Home » Online Travel Agents » Currently Reading:

Overseas Overhyped As Local Demand Soars For Schoolies Number-One Booking Site

June 19, 2015 Online Travel Agents No Comments Print Print Email Email

Iconic Australian beach destinations such as the Gold Coast and Byron Bay continued to surge in popularity as the ultimate Schoolies escapes according to Australia’s number one booking site for Schoolies accommodation,schoolies.com.http://www.angsana.com/en/ap-thailand-phuket/discover-value/adventure

As the leading booking site for Schoolies accommodation for nearly 30 years and organisers of well in excess of 500,000 schoolies holidays, schoolies.com is anticipating its best year yet for traditional Australian beach experiences based on mid-year figures.

Already well over 20,000 Schoolies had locked in their 2015 holidays with Schoolies.com putting the company well on track for approximately 30,000 bookings by the year’s end. The spiritual home of Schoolies, the Gold Coast, still accounts for the lion’s share (90%) of bookings with the other 10% shared between Byron, Airlie Beach, Lorne and the Sunshine Coast.

Schoolies.com CEO Matt Lloyd said organised schoolies-only events, exclusive security measures, 24 hour help line for parents and teens plus support from Red Frog staff and other volunteers made the Australian beach destinations not only the most fun for school leavers, but the safest.

“Reports that Schoolies are abandoning destinations such as the Gold Coast and Byron Bay for overseas holidays  are very much at odds with what we are experiencing. These have always been extremely popular destinations and demand continues to rise,’’ Mr Lloyd said.

“There will always be a small proportion of schoolies who seek out less-traditional holidays however the very vast majority want to experience the tried and true Aussie leisure destinations for their end of year celebrations.

“Schoolies want to be where the action is.  These destinations offer the perfect mix of things to do; excellent organisation and safety measures; the best range of accommodation and best range of fun activities, parties, international DJs and supervised events,” he said.

Comment on this Article:

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.

Platinium Partnership


Elite Partnership Sponsors


Premier Partnership Sponsors


Official Media Event Partner


Global Travel media endorses the following travel publication