Luxury river expeditions company Pandaw has announced the expansion of its partner river cruise programmes with its first ever departures in South America in conjunction with the Amazon Dream.
To launch the new partnership Pandaw will be offering five special 14-night departures in 2016 exploring the lesser-visited and scenically varied region of the Amazon River from Santarem, where the blue waters of the Tapajos River and the Amazon meet for several kilometres, creating a delightful, ever-changing spectacle.
Lined by the forests, beaches of fine white sand stretch into the distance and the crystal-clear waters of the Tapajos bring to mind the Caribbean.
Commenting on the new partner programme Hugh Clayson, Pandaw’s Commercial Director, said: “This is an exciting addition to the Pandaw partner programme, which also includes the Brahmaputra, Ganges and Hooghly in India and River Kwai in Thailand. It has been introduced due to requests from Pandaw travellers, who will be able to discover the natural wonders of the great rainforest with its varied wildlife, flora and fauna, and like Pandaw expeditions in Asia will visit friendly local villages and discover the unique way of life of the people living on the Amazon”.
Pandaw’s partner ship, the Amazon Dream, carries just 18 passengers offering a comfortable base with excellent French-influenced cuisine. The nine-night cruise is combined with land arrangements staying three nights at the elegant 5 star Sofitel Hotel, Copacabana beach in Rio de Janeiro, with an included excursion to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf Mountain, and a two-night stay at the iconic Hotel Das Cataratas located next to the jaw-dropping Iguacu Falls.
Travellers can also choose to extend their journey with two nights in both Manaus and Salvador.
Highlights on the programme include:
- 3-night stay at the Sofitel on Rio’s Copacabana Beach, with included visits to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf Mountain.
- 2-night stay at the iconic Hotel das Cataratas, Iguacu, with visits to the falls in both Brazil and Argentina.
- 9-night cruise on the Amazon Dream in the company of expert local naturalist guides.
- See the meeting of two rivers where the blue Tapajos interlaces with the yellow waters of the Amazon – plus spot beautiful pink dolphins and grey dolphins.
- Discover the flora and fauna of the Amazon rainforest on guided walks and river expeditions, some by canoe.
- Visit Maguari and Munduruku villages and meet the communities who make their lives in the rain forest.
- Visit Alter do Chao, one of the best freshwater beaches in the world.
- Visit the charming waterfront area at Santarem.
- Venture out on a night expedition to experience the sounds of the rainforest after dark.
The 14 night ‘Rio, Iguacu Falls & the Amazon’ tour costs from usd 4,795 per person based 2 people sharing a twin main deck cabin on 16th January 2016 departure. The prices includes all airport and other transfers, three-night stay at the 5 star Sofitel Hotel, in Rio (bed and breakfast basis), full day excursion to Corcovado and Sugar Loaf Mountain, domestic flights from Rio to Iguacu and Iguacu to Santarem, 2-night stay at 5 star Hotel Das Cataratas, Iguacu (bed and breakfast basis), half day guided visits to the Brazilian and Argentinean sides of the Iguacu Falls including entrance fees, nine-night cruise (full board) on the Amazon Dream (sharing a twin main deck stateroom), all shore excursions, entrance fees, port taxes, porterage, mineral waters, services of the resident Amazon Dream cruise director and expert guides.