Representatives of the large Australian Services Union (ASU) have met with helloworld representatives to initiate negotiations for a new enterprise agreement.
They presented management with a log of claims – the document setting out the improvements the union wants in current working conditions for staff.
- Pay that is fair, transparent and reflective of industry standards;
- Annual pay increases to keep up with the cost of living;
- A fair way to set key performance indicators (KPIs) to make sure they are achievable and realistic;
- Increase paid parental leave, and better assistance to parents returning to work from parental leave;
- Fairer provisions for dealing with unplanned overtime due to inbound calls at the end of a shift.
The union has advised its members at helloworld to ask their workplace delegates or ASU organisers if they want a copy of the whole log of claims.
A further meeting will take place in Melbourne on Thursday 18 June 2015.
“We expect that management will respond to some of our claims,” an ASU spokesperson confirmed, adding that the union would provide members with an update after the meeting.
Written by Peter Needham