Charles Davidson, co-founder and CEO of Peninsula Hot Springs said “we’re extremely proud to be recognised at this level. I am thankful for the great efforts of our team and to all guests who took the time to show their support and vote.”
Peninsula Hot Springs’ board member Laurent Chappuis attended the event to represent Peninsula Hot Springs, and accept the award for Global winner in the Luxury Mineral Springs Spa category. “It is such an honour to be recognised amongst so many elite facilities from around the world.” said Mr Chappuis. The entire team at the hot springs would like to extend their congratulations to all of the winners who were recognised at the ceremony, especially Melbourne AURORA Spa for their win in the ‘Luxury Hotel Spa’ in Australia and Oceania Category.
Peninsula Hot Springs wellness ambassador Steph Prem said “I am delighted to hear that the hot springs has been recognised internationally.” Steph is a Winter Olympian who has travelled the world and experienced a variety of luxury spas and hot springs facilities that have assisted her training and rehab, “We are extremely lucky to have this world class facility on our door step, so much thought has gone into the guest experience. Every time I visit it’s better than the last! I can see why all of their customers have supported this mineral spring spa, and voted for them to win this incredible award.”
The World Luxury Spa Awards aim to recognise world-class spas. The awards are known to be the world’s leading initiative and set benchmarks in quality, innovation and service for spas around the globe. Awards are presented to luxury spas in 14 different categories on a country and global basis.
The winners and finalists were selected by means of an annual voting process where thousands of spa guests from 144 countries have been given the opportunity to vote online in order to have the fairest judging process possible. Competing spas in 2016 included small sized privately owned spas to globally renowned spa groups. The official response and comments from voters were phenomenal. Thousands of votes and feedback came in and as a result key brands and independent spas were rewarded for their extraordinary efforts. Award winning spas are announced on a country, continent and global basis. They stood up to the highest expectations and where tested by discerning spa-goers looking for the ultimate experience where only the absolute best is acceptable.
• The World Luxury Spa Awards give recognition and thanks to the Luxury Spa Industry.
• Setting benchmarks in quality, innovation and service for spas around the globe.
• Established as the world’s leading Awards initiative for Luxury Spas.
• The World Luxury Spa Awards sets the spotlight on our spas, attracting the attention of global spa-goers and industry experts.
• The Awards aim to encourage & raise service standards within the Luxury Spa Industry.
• The Awards judging criteria is purely based upon service excellence, size of a spa is not taken into consideration during the nomination or voting phases.
• Voting is not reliant on a panel of judges but on the industry spa goers who are able to cast their votes during the official voting period on an annual basis.