With its natural beauty, colonial elegance and laidback Caribbean vibe, Cuba has emerged as the top journey destination for next year.
Benefiting from improved relations with the United States, the country has earned the top spot on the list of Top 10 Journeys for Australian travellers in 2016, according to South Australia’s premier travel agency Phil Hoffmann Travel.
Chief Executive Officer, Mr Peter Williams, said the “excitement of the unknown” was attracting people to previously less-travelled destinations such as Cuba.
“We are seeing a significant increase in enquiries from travellers keen to visit Cuba – a country on the cusp of change – with Australians looking to be amongst the first wave of travellers to visit what is a relatively untapped but now far more accessible destination,” he said.
“Cuba is a hotspot for experiential travellers and an infusion of live music, luscious landscapes and local people who exude a passion for their country and culture.
“The country is opening up, so a visit to the capital city of Havana is like taking a step back into history. Travellers wanting to experiennce the audacity, authenticity and beauty of Cuba should get in now before more world tourists catch on.
“As part of our training program, we have sent staff on familiarisation trips to Cuba. We have received outstanding feedback and we’re excited to be offering it as an escorted journey.”
Mr Williams said roads less travelled were some of the most talked about by aspiring travellers
“The likes of Madagascar, Argentina and Sri Lanka are also included on the 2016 list and have the potential to create unique experiences and life-changing opportunities,” he said.
“With affordable tours and an abundance of travel options, 2016 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for travellers wanting to get out and see the world.”
Phil Hoffmann Travel’s Top 10 Journey destinations for 2016 are:
- Cuba – admire Spanish colonial architecture from the 16th century
- Madagascar – the dream destination for lovers of nature and the outdoors
- Argentina – be seduced by South America’s natural beauty
- Sri Lanka – spend a week exploring Sri Lanka’s famous cultural triangle
- Japan – from neon-lit megacities to traditional, sacred shrines
- Spain – see and taste the best of Mediterranean Europe
- Scandinavia – explore the charm of Denmark, Norway and Sweden
- Canada – witness the majestic Rockies or cruise the Inside Passage
- Tahiti – reside in a stunning overwater villa
- Greece – visit the islands of Mykonos and Santorini
The Top 10 Journeys are determined as a result of emerging trends, market research and travel bookings and inquiries over the past six months.
Founded in Adelaide in 1990, Phil Hoffmann Travel is South Australia’s premier travel agency with offices at Norwood, Stirling, Victor Harbor, Adelaide City, Hyde Park, Semaphore, Glenelg, Modbury, Gawler and the Barossa Valley.