The change of season between Autumn and Winter produces some of the most beautiful light for photography. Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa in the New South Wales Snowy Mountains has a couple of places remaining in its special photography weekend from May 15 to 17.
Acclaimed landscape photographer Michael Scott Lees will host the Landscape Photography Weekend which will be capped at just 10 participants to ensure personalized attention and tuition.
Participants will learn how to use their camera to get the best shots, with Michael (a Snowy Mountains local) taking them to the best locations to take magnificent photographs of spectacular snow gums, mountain landscapes, rugged countryside, beautiful rivers, lakes and streams.
Some photographic highlights of the weekend will include: morning light photography on the Thredbo River with a fly fisherman, snow gum photography at Charlotte Pass, night photography on the Snowy River, morning light at Spencers Creek and lots of opportunities to awaken your creative viewpoint.
Packages start from $865 per person and include two nights accommodation, daily buffet breakfast, all photography tuition from Michael Scott Lees, lunch on Saturday, dinner on Friday and Saturday, workshop sessions including meal breaks and a welcome drink on arrival.
For more information and bookings please call Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa on (02) 6451 3000 or visit http://www.lakecrackenback.
The jam-packed itinerary includes:
Friday May 15
- Welcome drink and two course dinner.
- The Big Picture session – What and how are you photographing? What makes a great photo? Using a tripod and why? Shooting etiquette with other photographers.
Saturday May 16
- Location shoot at Thredbo River with a fly fisherman at sunrise.
- Hot buffet breakfast.
- Download images from morning shoot and lecture on the visual component of photography. How to visually plan your imagery, how to arrange the main features in your image (composition); the type of light that makes it work best and how to achieve that light.
- Lecture on the technical component of photography including shutter speed, aperture and ISO to capture the best possible quality and technical mastery of that magical scene in front of you.
- Location shoot at Charlotte Pass. Capture the Main Range and snow gums as the sun goes down and then spend twilight on the Snowy river followed by night photography in on the of the clearest skies in Australia. You’ll learn how to capture stars and the Snowy River and surrounding snow gums under the night sky.
Sunday May 17
- Sunrise location-shoot at Spencers Creek to capture the waters of the creek with the Main Range in the background at first light.
- Hot buffet breakfast
- Download images from morning shoot and pick out five best shots for critique by Michael.
- Late checkout to give you time to relax and enjoy the facilities at Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa