Plum, the company that introduced the first appliance that automatically preserves, chills and serves wine by the glass, announced today the launch of Plum for Hotels, the first system that lets hotels offer in-room wine by the glass on-demand.
Plum for Hotels integrates with property management systems to automatically bill the guest folio, virtualize amenity programs, provide instant services recovery, and track revenue and profitability. Most importantly, Plum helps hoteliers offer unique benefits that enhance the guest experience by elevating the important moments throughout the guest’s stay.
“The hotel in-room wine experience has remained largely unchanged for nearly 50 years. Meanwhile, guest preferences have changed dramatically. Business travelers want to enjoy a glass of wine while they catch up on email or watch TV in the privacy of their room. Leisure travelers want to be able to take advantage of a resort property by enjoying a sunset on the balcony,” said David Koretz, founder and CEO of PLUM. “Plum enables guests to enjoy these moments at the touch of a button, and in the privacy of their room.”
As an in-room amenity, Plum automates wine by the glass, creating a new revenue stream. Food and beverage directors have the opportunity to select two bottles of wine that they feel best appeal to guest preferences and can set the price per glass. With each glass poured, Plum automatically tracks the sale, bills the guest’s folio and notifies housekeeping when it is time to replace an empty bottle. Plum’s web and mobile apps let general managers and key stakeholders track revenue and profit in real time.
Plum’s integrated touchscreen and audio enables hoteliers to deliver high-touch, personalized service to each guest. Hoteliers can recognize and reward guest loyalty, celebrate a birthday or anniversary, and instantly send an amenity at the touch of a button.
Designed to seamlessly integrate into any hotel’s room product, Plum’s molded, brushed stainless steel shell is a timeless aesthetic. Capable of housing two standard 750ml bottles, Plum can pierce any closure – natural cork, artificial cork, engineered cork, and even metal screw caps – and preserve each bottle for 90 days, ensuring every guest is served a perfect wine, by the glass.
How It Works
- F&B Manager Selects the Wine: Plum works with any standard 750ml bottle with any closure, giving F&B executives the freedom to choose the wine and price point that best matches their guest’s preferences. F&B executives can change wine seasonally, offer premium wine for their suites, or even customize the bottles to match the preferences of their VIP guests.
- Seamless Integration: Plum’s sleek yet classic aesthetic complements any guestroom, and its compact design allows it to neatly nest on a wide range of casegoods including a credenza, wet bar, desk, or table.
- PMS & POS Integration: Plum automatically tracks consumption, bills the guest folio, and notifies housekeeping when bottles need replacing. The Plum cloud service includes Web and mobile apps with real-time reporting on revenue and profit to GMs, and helps staffers instantly recover from service issues.
- Virtual Tasting Room: Plum’s seven-inch touchscreen and integrated speaker serve as a virtual tasting room, displaying rich video and imagery of the winery along with tasting notes. In addition, hoteliers can use Plum’s presence management to detect when a guest enters the room and display a personalized message from the GM.
Key Hotel Benefits
- New in-room revenue stream: Plum delivers an automated in-room wine-by-the-glass program that increases hoteliers’ in-room revenue and profit.
- Instant Services Recovery: Hoteliers can instantly mitigate a negative guest experience before it becomes a negative online review.
- Guest Recognition: Plum helps guests celebrate special occasions at the touch of a button.
- Group Sales: Hotels can deliver a welcome glass of wine to wedding or corporate guests.
- Automate Amenity Programs: Hoteliers can reward loyal guests with a glass or bottle of wine without having to dispatch staff.
- Design: Molded, brushed stainless steel shell in #4 finish. Front panel is finished in high-gloss black front with a UV coating and 7″ glass-paneled touchscreen.
- Dimensions: 17″ high, 20″ deep, 15″ wide. Weight: 50 pounds.
- Technology: Quad-core 64-bit processor, dual HD cameras, Bluetooth 4.1LE, integrated WiFi (802.11n), 7″ high definition IPS touchscreen, integrated speaker, Ethernet port.
To request a demonstration, please visit hotel.plum.wine or contact Adam Hoydysh, Director of Hospitality Sales: email@example.com, 1.917.558.4308.