P&O Cruises has revealed details of its history-making five ship spectacular which is set to rock Sydney Harbour on November 25.
The cruise line has announced that some of the best known performers in Australia today – Jessica Mauboy, The Veronicas, Samantha Jade, Justice Crew and Stan Walker – will headline a musical extravaganza which will run from mid-afternoon into the evening.
The performers will be joined by 20 other great live music acts across the ships as well as 10 DJs.
More than 9000 passengers will be able to enjoy the special concerts, while all of Sydney will enjoy the unprecedented spectacle of five ships on the harbour, beginning with a Salute to Sydney which will see the fleet form a V off the heads before they sail single file into the harbour.
The P&O parade will mark the arrival of the line’s two latest ships, Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden, which will be officially named as they sail by Sydney’s Fort Denison together after arriving in the Harbour. The cruise line will announce details of the ceremony and the ships’ godmothers at a later date.
After their early morning arrival, the five ships will take up their positions for the afternoon of entertainment with Pacific Jewel located at Athol Bay, Pacific Dawn off Garden Island, Pacific Pearl at Point Piper, Pacific Aria berthed at the Overseas Passenger Terminal and Pacific Eden set to be anchored at Neutral Bay after spending the day at White Bay.
Following the concert, guests onboard the ships will enjoy the biggest white party at sea with the cruise line overseeing a mass production of its new Bianco event on the top decks of all five ships.
P&O Cruises Senior Vice President Sture Myrmell said Sydney has never before hosted five cruise ships on the same day. To celebrate the historic moment, a spectacular firework finale will light up the night sky above the cruise cavalcade.
“This will be like no party on earth and is sure to become an iconic moment in Sydney Harbour’s history as well as providing lasting memories for the thousands of guests onboard,” Mr Myrmell said.
As anticipation for its latest ships continues to build, P&O has released a stunning new fly through video designed to give cruisers a further taste of the future of Australian cruising. Drawing on high-quality renderings, the short video takes viewers on a journey through the interiors of Pacific Eden, revealing more of the ship’s striking décor and exciting new features.
Holidaymakers wanting to enjoy the music spectacular with five headline acts, 20 live performers, 10 DJs and top deck Bianco parties onboard the ships on Sydney Harbour can choose from five cruises including:
- A two-night cruise on Pacific Aria sailing from Sydney to Brisbane on November 25 and including a live performance by Jessica Mauboy from $699* per person twin share
- A nine-night roundtrip Sydney cruise on Pacific Eden departing on November 25 to New Caledonia including a live performance by The Veronicas, priced from $1399* per person twin share
- A three-night roundtrip sea break from Sydney on Pacific Pearl departing on November 23 and including a live performance by Samantha Jade, priced from $599* per person twin share
- A four-night roundtrip cruise on Pacific Jewel from Sydney to the Hunter Valley departing on November 23 and featuring a live performance by Justice Crew, priced from $649* per person twin share
- A seven-night roundtrip Brisbane cruise on Pacific Dawn departing on November 21 with calls to Moreton Island, Eden, Newcastle for the Hunter Valley and a live performance by Stan Walker in Sydney, priced from $1349* per person twin share.
For more information and bookings contact a licensed travel agent or P&O Cruises on 1300 385 629 or visit www.pocruises.com.au/5ships