Qantas has launched a range of promotions aimed at publicising its 2016 Early Bird sale, including a grand prize of one million Qantas Points to the travel agent who sells the most Early Bird sale fares.
As well as the grand prize to the top selling agent, the airline will award 250,000 Qantas Points to the top selling agent in each state and a weekly prize of 150,000 Qantas Points each week for eight weeks.
To enter, agents simply book and ticket any international flight with a “QF” flight number (081 ticket stock) to:
- any Early Bird continent during Early Bird travel periods of 01 March – 26 September 2016; or
- the UK/Europe during the travel period of 1 October – 30 November 2015 on QF1, QF2, QF9, QF10 (Qantas metal only).
It’s valid for bookings made and ticketed between 17 September and 11 November 2015 when a specific OSI code is entered into the booking*.
Entering a specific Early Bird OSI into a booking automatically qualifies entries for the Grand and State prizes.
To be eligible for the weekly prizes, agents have to explain in 25 words or less, Which Early Bird destination is your favourite and why? Enter answers as an OSI field into the booking. Refer to OSI examples which follow:
Amadeus: OS QF EB(yourstatecode)/AGENCY CODE/CONSULTANT NAME
SABRE: 3OSI QF EB(yourstatecode)/AGENCY CODE/CONSULTANT NAME
Galileo: SI.QF*EB(yourstatecode)/AGENCY CODE/CONSULTANT NAME
Grand and State Prizes: QF EBNSW/1234567/JOHNSMITH
Weekly Prizes: QF EBNSW/1234567/JOHNSMITH/your25wordsorless
The Agency Code is your Agency IATA/TIDS/DAPA number (only 7 digits required), for e.g. an Amadeus entry – OS QF EBNSW/0231234/JOHNSMITH
In a related campaign, the Qantas Frequent Flyer Early Bird Double Points Promotion, Qantas is offering its Biggest Early Bird savings to four continents plus the chance to earn double points.
Customers can save on hundreds of destinations in North America, South America, South Africa and UK/Europe with the airline’s biggest ever Early Bird Sale.
Customers must book by 13 October 2014 to be eligible to earn double Qantas Points. All new eligible Qantas International flight bookings in any class of travel to London Heathrow, Johannesburg, Honolulu, Los Angeles, New York, Dallas or Santiago are included in this offer.
To be eligible, customers must:
- Register and make a new booking on eligible Qantas International flights between 12:01am AEST 23 September and 11:59pm AEST 13 October 2014;
- Travel between 1 February and 31 October 2015, and
- Include the Frequent Flyer number of each member in the booking.
The bonus points offer is available on the following flight numbers between Australia and London (QF1, QF2, QF9, QF10), Johannesburg (QF63, QF64), Honolulu (QF3, QF4), Los Angeles (QF11, QF12, QF15, QF16, QF17, QF18, QF93, QF94, QF95, QF96, QF107, QF108), New York (QF15, QF16, QF107, QF108), Dallas (QF7, QF8) or Santiago (QF27, QF28, QF321, QF322). Note, these flights depart from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
Each passenger in the booking must register separately to earn the bonus points.
The 2016 Qantas Early Bird Sale offers customers:
- Early Bird fares to four continents
- The ability to combine airfares to UK/Europe with stopovers in North or South America (in one direction), South Africa, Asia or the Middle East
- One free stopover permitted on selected Economy fares
- Up to two free stopovers permitted on selected First fares
- Common rated destinations to select destinations beyond Qantas’ network
- Extensive partner network across all four continents
- Fantastic add-on opportunities
- For travel beyond system date range – one date change permitted on return flight free of charge
Qantas Early Bird fares:
Sale Fares from Melbourne to:
London return fare from AUD 1786
Sale fares from Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to:
New York return fare from AUD 1399
Johannesburg return fare from AUD 1399
Santiago return fare from AUD 1399
Fares to Europe including up to two stopovers in the US on return – from AUD 2195
Johannesburg return fare from AUD 2499
New York return fare from AUD 3199
Santiago return fare from AUD 4499
London return fare from AUD 8022
Sales dates: 2016 Early Bird fares are on sale from 17 September 2015 to 11 November 2015 at 11.59pm (ADST), unless sold out prior.
Travel dates: 1 March 2016 and 26 September 2016. Selected travel dates and days apply. Prices are based on payment by BPAY and are correct as at 16 September 2015 but may fluctuate if carrier charges, fees or taxes or currency change.
Please refer to GDS for full fares rules terms and conditions.
To view full details of all 2016 Early Bird Sale Fares now available: http://www.qantas.com.au/agents/dyn/qf/news/201509/0921
Edited by Peter Needham