Raffles Singapore celebrates its hometown’s Golden Jubilee and the 100th birthday of the legendary Singapore Sling This year, Singapore marks the 50th anniversary of its founding. Playing witness to its trials and tribulations is Raffles Singapore, established in 1887, and a veritable icon renowned the world over.
At the same time, the hotel is paying tribute to one of the world’s most iconic cocktails as the Singapore Sling marks its Centennial Anniversary this year. Raffles Singapore is paying tribute to one of the world’s most iconic cocktails as the Singapore Sling marks its Centennial Anniversary this year.
To celebrate these milestone anniversaries, a myriad of activities has been planned throughout 2015. From commemorative merchandise to desserts inspired by the Singapore Sling, there are many opportunities to participate in the celebrations.
– For cocktail lovers with a sweet tooth, the SlingaPore is the perfect way to indulge. Inspired by the Singapore Sling, the cake is an irresistible pastel pink and is both zesty and honeyed at the same time. Sold as individual servings or a whole cake in Ah Teng’s Bakery, it can also be enjoyed at Raffles Grill restaurant in the dessert course of the classic 1950s’ Elizabethan Grill Degustation Dinner (S$250++).The menu is specially created to celebrate the Republic of Singapore’s 50th birthday this year and features dishes such as lobster bisque and Welsh lamb saddle.
– Throughout August 2015, guests born in 1965 are welcomed to celebrate their birthdays at any of Raffles Singapore’s food and beverage outlets. In doing so, they will be received 25 percent off the food bill, valid for up to 10 guests at Raffles Courtyard, Raffles Grill (excluding business set lunch), Long Bar Steakhouse and Tiffin Room (excluding afternoon tea).
– Participate in the Singapore Sling Masterclass (S$88++ per person with a minimum of 10 persons) where the bartenders at the hotel’s Long Bar will disclose the tricks to make the perfect cocktail.
– From 1 June to 28 August 2015, the driveway will display the Singapore flag composed of the solenostemon scutellarioides and breynia nivosa roseo picta flowers. Measuring 25m2, the floral rendition of the Singapore flag will feature brilliantly in photographs.
– Fans of the Singapore Sling can also take a photo with its creator, Ngiam Tong Boon. A pop-up visual display of the iconic bartender will be available at the entrance of Long Bar, level 2, between 28 May to 31 December 2015.
– Every Saturday from June to August 2015, 45-minute tours will be conducted four times a day (9am, 11am, 3pm & 5pm) by the Preservation of Sites and Monuments Division’s* volunteer guides. Dubbed “Raffles Walk of Fame”, it will explore the hotel and give a glimpse of the many famous guests who had stayed or written about the hotel before . The tour will also highlight the locations where films such as Pretty Polly and Hawaii Five-O were shot. Priced at S$20 per person, fully redeemable at the Raffles Gift Shop and the hotel’s food and beverage outlets.
Event Details: Date: From now till 31 Dec 2015, Thu Venue: Raffles Hotel For more details, please visit: http://www.raffles.com/singapore/