RALLY NIPPON 2013 in Taiwan, held in 2013 as a “thanks rally,” received warm applause from many Taiwanese people.
Cars participating in this year’s rally will travel all the way around Taiwan again while deepening interactions with Taiwanese people under the theme “Bonds” to maintain friendship between Taiwan and Japan and continue to express gratitude to Taiwan.
Participants will visit cultural heritage sites and historic buildings in Taiwan and convey the beauty of Taiwan to Japan and the rest of the world.
About 30 of the 70 cars participating in the rally will be exhibited at Huashan1914 Creative Park in Taipei from October 29 to November 6. A news conference on the exhibition will be held at the park on October 29 from 9:30 a.m. The news conference will be attended by a director general at Taiwan’s Ministry of Transportation and Communications.
Overview of RALLY NIPPON 2016 in TAIWAN
- Period: 4 days from November 10 to November 13, 2016
- Course: Taipei (start) – Taipei (goal) *Participating cars will travel all the way around Taiwan.
- Number of participating cars: 70
- Host: RALLY NIPPON 2016 in TAIWAN Organizing Committee
- Co-host: Tourism Bureau, Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- Partners: InDetail; Octane; J. Trading Corp.; EVERBEST Logistic Co.; Kanto Industrial College; Wako University
- Special sponsors: dunhill; SurLuster; BMW JAPAN; BMW Taoyuan TaTung; Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp.; FamilyMart Co.
- Sponsors: Kitamura; Sompo Japan Nipponkoa Insurance Inc.
- Cars qualified to participate: Cars produced by December 31, 1974, can participate in the rally. (Replica models are disqualified). Participating cars are required to obtain license plates from district land transportation bureaus and be approved by the rally’s organizing committee.