“Ratchaparsong Winter Fest 2015” to spur economy, attract tourists with district-wide festivities and promotions
Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) launched its major campaign “Ratchaparsong Winter Fest 2015” today to help spur the economy during the season of joy through a festive program packed with great happenings, happiness and surprises.
Visitors can indulge in a big shopping spree with up to 70% discount and be enveloped by the magnificence of world-class light festival “Thailand The Kingdom of Light II”, enjoy open-air live music and be part of Southeast Asia’s biggest New Year countdown event, for example. And for the first time, full tourist assistance service is established in the district at the newly-inaugurated “Ratchaprasong Tourist Information Centre”. The campaign will expectedly attract more than 27 million visitors to Ratchaprasong throughout its period, or 35% more than the same period last year, and generate a turnover of 20 billion baht.
Mr. Chai Srivikorn, RSTA President, revealed, “As the trade association of Bangkok’s downtown district Ratchaprasong, RSTA has partnered with our members to present Ratchaparsong Winter Fest 2015 from today until 31 January 2016. With participation of six major shopping centres, eight prestigious hotels and more than 3,000 restaurants and retail entrepreneurs in the district, this major campaign will invigorate the economy, celebrate with the customers, and attract more international tourists into Ratchaparsong during the festive season. It will enliven the district and its visitors with an impressive variety of happenings and promotions for all lifestyle preferences.”
Shopping Promotions are rolled out in partnership with five shopping centres, more than 100 retail stores, and VISA Card to offer special privileges to holders of VISA credit cards from five issuers, namely Krungsri Credit Cards, Citibank Credit Cards, Kbank Credit Cards, Bangkok Bank Credit Cards and SCB Credit Cards. These privileges include up to 70% discounts on fashion products, beauty services, spas, jewelries, watches, home furnishing, food and beverages, and many more.
The Entertainment Program will be an extravaganza of celebrations. As Thailand’s biggest light festival, “Thailand The Kingdom of Light” revisits Ratchaprasong in its second consecutive year to give visitors a world-class light festival experience through creative collaboration of Thai and international artists. The forecourt of CentralWorld will stage live performances of numerous bands and singers. In front of Amarin Plaza, loads of fun can be expected from “Amarin X’Mas Playbox 2015”, the first lifestyle box park in the heart of Bangkok. Moreover, the biggest New Year Countdown event in Southeast Asia at Ratchaprasong will this year be enriched with numerous nighttime highlights.
“For greater convenience of international tourists, RSTA has established Ratchaprasong Tourist Information Centreon the second floor of Amarin Plaza,” Mr. Chai continued. “The centre is fully equipped with facilities and also centralises information and great offers for tourists, such as free high-speed Internet access via Wi-Fi, souvenir shop, special discounts from hotels, restaurants and shopping centres, and program of lifestyle activities and entertainment within the district. It is staffed with service-minded people to provide assistance to tourists and give away information about key attractions in Ratchaprasong, etc. Moreover, highly-effective security management is assured district-wide with Ratchaprasong’s integrated security system and our strong collaboration with government and private agencies, especially during the high season.”
Ratchaparsong Winter Fest 2015 will attract 300,000 – 400,000 Thai and international visitors into Ratchaprasong on a daily basis, thanks to an especially rich program of lifestyle events and happenings as well as high security measures. The daily figures of visitors will expectedly peak above 500,000 on the New Year Eve when there’s the big Countdown event. Throughout the campaign, the cumulative number of visitors will rise 35% from the corresponding period last year to more than 27 million with estimated spending of 20 billion baht.
Ratchaparsong Winter Fest 2015’s Program of Events and Special Promotions
|Up To 70% Promotional Discounts|
|Shopping Centres||Up to 70% discount from more than 100 retail stores in five shopping centres: Gaysorn, Amarin Plaza, CentralWorld, Erawan Bangkok and President Tower Arcade|
|Hotels||Up to 20% discount at restaurants and spas, including dining packages on Christmas and New Year Eves and gift hampers from elegant hotels in the heart of Bangkok, namely Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, InterContinental Bangkok, Holiday Inn Bangkok, Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratuman and Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong|
|VISA Credit Card Promotions||Bonus 1 – VISA cardholders of any issuer bank who spend 15,000 baht or more receive a complimentary 500-baht dining voucher, valid at participating restaurants.
Bonus 2 – VISA and five credit card issuers—Krungsri Credit Cards, Citibank Credit Cards, Kbank Credit Cards, Bangkok Bank Credit Cards and SCB Credit Cards—jointly offers 5% on-top discount at participating vendors during two periods of 15 – 24 November 2015 and 22 – 31 January 2016.
Bonus 3 – Exclusive privileges for holders of participating credit cards on single and/or cumulative spending within the same day at all participating vendors:
· Krungsri Credit Cards – up to 100,000 bonus reward points for spending of 10,000 – 300,000 baht per sales slip
· Citibank Credit Cards – complimentary Starbucks Coffee voucher worth up to 3,000 baht for spending of 50,000 baht or more
· Kbank Credit Cards – complimentary treatment voucher worth 1,000 baht for spending of 10,000 baht or more, and up to 10,000 Kbank Reward Points for spending of 50,000 – 100,000 baht per sales slip
· Bangkok Bank Credit Cards – up to 12,000 reward points for spending of 15,000 – 99,999 baht or a complimentary Cathay Pacific’s Bangkok-Hong Kong round-trip ticket worth 8,000 baht for every spending of 100,000 baht
· SCB Credit Cards – up to five times SCB Reward Points for spending of 10,000 baht per sales slip
|Light Fest / Hang-out / New Year Countdown||· The magnificent “Thailand The Kingdom of Light II” begins from 5 December 2015 to 5 January 2016.
· CentralWorld presents “Light-Up Christmas Tree Celebration 2015 at CentralWorld” as part of “A Happy Fairytale” campaign from 24 November 2015 to 8 January 2016 with highlights including loveliness of Mickey & Minnie and friends and Southeast Asia’s tallest Christmas Tree that stands 36 metres high. The much-awaited AIS Bangkok Countdown 2016 is Southeast Asia’s biggest New Year Countdown event that will bringing together Thailand’s top artists on stage from 18:00 hrs onwards, in addition to extravagant fireworks to celebrate New Year 2016.
· The “GAYSORN’S CHRISTMAS 2015” campaign by Gaysorn comes in tasteful theme of “The Art of Giving”. It highlights “GAYSORN’S CHRISTMAS MARKET” that brings the classic Christmas market ambiences to Gaysorn for the first time, and “GAYSORN’S SOI DAO 2015”, the annual ‘Soi Dao’ lucky draw of more than 6,000 exclusive prizes from leading Thai and international brands with total prize value of 7 million baht.
· Amarin Plaza is greeting New Year 2016 by popping up “Amarin X’Mas Playbox 2015” as the first lifestyle box park in the heart of Bangkok from 16 November 2015 to 8 January 2016. The X’Mas Playbox will turn the forecourt of Amarin Plaza into an original destination of 360° fun with great enjoyment in shopping, dining, shows and the likes. Music highlights include live concert of MILD on Christmas Night and a full-scale concert of The Parkinson on 31 December from 19:00 hrs towards celebration of the New Year.