Whether travelling for pleasure or business, bringing to life the glamour, romance and allure of luxury travel is effortless with Club InterContinental, the end-to-end bespoke premium travel experience by InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, tailored exclusively to individual guest preferences.
“Luxury is a mind-set for our InterContinental guests,” says Bruce Ryde, Head of Luxury and Lifestyle Brand and Marketing, IHG, Asia, Middle East & Africa (AMEA). “They’re discerning, extraordinarily well-travelled and appreciate finer, more personalised touches when it comes to the way they spend their time away.”
Customised attention to detail is the very cornerstone of the Club InterContinental guest offering, and to showcase how it is redefining luxury travel to make dream journeys a reality, the new Insider Guide to the Ultimate in Luxury Travel with Club InterContinental has been launched to provide top tips from experts in luxury travel and lifestyle to complement the unique experiences available at Club InterContinental lounges across the globe.
Guests booking a Club InterContinental room will experience six key touch points creating a unique and memorable stay at InterContinental Hotels and Resorts. These include: personal contact 48 hours before arrival from the Club InterContinental Manager to ensure any special requests are met; option for chauffer transfer from the airport complete with Wi-Fi; Club Lounge offerings with secluded spaces for meetings or relaxation; in-Lounge dining including a la carte breakfast and evening drinks and canapés; a dedicated Club Lounge team on hand for assistance and to share their inside knowledge; and of course, the Club InterContinental Room which includes access to the Club Lounge, located on floors with optimum views of the surroundings, and complimentary Wi-Fi.
There are seven InterContinental hotels and resorts across Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, each offering a bespoke Club Lounge experience in keeping with their local environment.
- Club InterContinental at InterContinental Sydney, awarded Australasia’s Leading Executive Club Lounge in the 2015 World Travel Awards, is Sydney’s only rooftop hotel lounge with a wrap-around terrace, perched high atop Level 31 with stunning views of Sydney Harbour.
- Where the InterContinental Sydney Club Lounge has the sweeping balcony views, the InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto balcony is petite, intimate and historic. The hotel recently discovered that the fourth floor, where Club InterContinental is located, was once private residencies in the early 1900s. A renowned investigative journalist and suffragette called, Catherine H. Thompson lived there, and is likely to have taken her tea and written her stories on this balcony at the turn of the century.
- Discover InterContinental Sydney Double Bay’s Club InterContinental secret garden. This secluded space is reminiscent of a French courtyard of a private residence, with stone paving, lush green trees, manicured fragrant gardens, outdoor lantern lighting, surrounded by cream walls and Juliet balconies. Club Lounge guests can enjoy alfresco dining with café-style table settings and in summer enjoy drinks and canapés under the stars.
- At InterContinental Adelaide, Club InterContinental guests can experience the best of South Australia’s bounteous wine regions within the comfort of the Lounge. Wine and cheese tastings from the Barossa Valley, McLaren Vale and Adelaide Hills award winning wineries are showcased regularly, exclusively for Club Lounge guests.
- The Club InterContinental Lounge at InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa is perched on the resort hilltops offering uninterrupted views of Natadola Bay and the South Pacific Ocean, where pods of whales can be viewed during the migration season. The Club Lounge has an adjacent pool that has two-person Dedon love pods and becomes and child free zone from 5.30pm each evening serving cocktails and canapés to the soothing sounds of local Fijian musicians.
- Part of the seamless Club InterContinental experience includes a chauffeur transfer from airport to hotel. AtInterContinental Wellington this comes in the opulent form of a 2015 Flying Spur Bentley. Cruise alongside Wellington Harbour and start your Club InterContinental experience in style.
- For the most authentic nature-based views, InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort’s resident mob of kangaroos make a regular appearance at dawn and dusk with prime views from the Club InterContinental Lounge. International guests are also delighted to share the golf course with these native creatures.