The Nadi based travel company Rosie Holidays continues to make its mark in what will be another “Fiji first” with the launching of its new Feejee Traveller App. This is Fiji’s first ever mobile digital app offering continually updated destination information on Fiji, places of interest to explore and also bring to the fore the exciting range of experiences that visitors can enjoy while on holiday in Fiji.
The Feejee Traveller App is free to download from the AppStore for all Apple device users and also from Google PlayStore for all android device users.
The newly appointed Chief Executive Officer of Tourism Fiji, Mr. Matthew Stoeckel was Chief Guest at the launch in Nadi today (05 August). “I am delighted to be included in the launch of what will be a fantastic and important tool for international visitors to research and make a reservation for some of Fiji’s leading activities, tours and excursions before arriving in Fiji and also whilst here in the islands,” said Mr Stoeckel.
“Tourism Fiji commends Rosie Holidays, a Fijian family business for developing the Feejee Traveller Mobile App which embraces new technologies to make it easier for consumers to purchase products. It provides an exciting new platform to reach potential visitors and enhance the customer experience of booking a holiday in Fiji” the CEO of Tourism Fiji added.
The Feejee Traveller App can review and browse a wide range of half-day and full-day activities, car rental services and hotel transfers. Each activity also features a short video clip which viewers can watch, book and pay instantly with e-ticketing and receipt confirmation via a secure payment gateway. It is like having a “virtual Concierge”, where International visitors can browse and book Fiji’s leading activities, before they arrive or whilst in Fiji.
In launching the App, Managing Director of Rosie Holidays, Mr. Tony Whitton said the app would be a powerful marketing tool for Fiji to the world. “What makes destinations unique are experiences and this is something that we hope to achieve with the Feejee Traveller App by showcasing to the world the amazing activities you must experience when you come to Fiji.
“Fiji is more than just sun, sand and sea but offers an array of World Class and unique activities, from floating restaurants in the middle of the ocean on Cloud 9, to swimming with tiger sharks in the Beqa Lagoon, or jet boating up the Sigatoka River visiting traditional Fijian villagers. All these activities complement and strengthen our destination message of how happiness finds you in Fiji. Our research shows, what makes a destination is not just the “Room and Bathtub” but more importantly the enriching, unique and inspiring activities, the destination offers the International visitor,” said Mr Whitton.
Rosie Holidays’ foray into the digital arena was spearheaded by its General Manager, Eroni Puamau, who said advances in technology prompted them to invest in a mobile travel app.
“The Feejee Traveller App marks Fiji’s entry into the digital age of mobile channel marketing and we are very excited to be the first to make this a reality for Fiji. We are now living in a world where people are becoming more and more digitally connected, using these mediums to manage their lives.
“When I started working at Fiji Visitors Bureau in the early 90s, we relied heavily on printed travel guide booklets to spread the gospel of Fiji worldwide. Print media was the main channel. Then as we moved into the late 90s and 2000, the internet became the next biggest channel. Now gone are the days of looking at magazines for travel advice and we are now in the post internet era with the emergence of social media,” said Mr Puamau.
He added: “What really excites me most about the Feejee Traveller app are the endless possibilities of what can be achieved in delivering Fiji content dynamically right into the hands of all our international visitors, who are all used to receiving content via their smart phones and other smart devices. We have just arrived at the doorstep of this whole new digital world”.
The creation of the Feejee Traveller app is a collaborative effort between Rosie Holidays and a Fiji technology design company called iTvTi which is owned by local entrepreneur and leading international retail fashionwear icon, Rob Cromb. Mr. Cromb also owns the world renown and exclusive KOOKAI retail clothing brand which is manufactured here in Fiji and exported all over the world.
Speaking from Singapore, Mr. Cromb said his company was thrilled to have been able to deliver the Feejee Traveller app for Rosie Holidays. “We were inspired by Eroni’s vision to create this app and share the same view of how digital represents the new frontier for marketing. As the key development partner with Rosies, we are very excited about what this app will do to complement the efforts of Tourism Fiji and our tourism industry in promoting our destination to the world. I am also immensely proud of my young team of homegrown Fijian programmers who have delivered in my view a very user friendly app of world class standards. It’s not easy to be accepted by Apple with their strict standards for qualifying new apps and to have our Feejee Traveller app featured on their AppStore with 5 star reviews really speaks volumes of the talent of our Fijian people and what we can achieve.”
The Feejee Traveller App is also available in Chinese mandarin targeting the Chinese traveller. The Chinese are the world’s most prolific users of digital technology and Rosie Holidays is working with Vodafone Fiji to enhance the delivery of the app to all Chinese tourists whilst in Fiji.
The Feejee Traveller App will also be hosted on the Vodafone Appstore for free download by our customers. The Chief Marketing Officer of Vodafone Fiji, Mr Rajnesh Prasad said, “The Feejee Traveller App is a must have tool for any traveller to Fiji with loads of travel information on Fiji. The App will also be pre-installed on all Vodafone prepaid Bula Sim cards available widely through all major tourist outlets and ports of entry. Just as staying connected whilst away from home is an important concern for any tourist, this app is also an amazing tool with lots of travel information on the touch of a button. Rosie Holidays has led the way in giving travellers to Fiji a “wow experience” through innovative products and services. The Feejee Traveller App is a historic milestone for tourism industry that is sure to be a hit with the tourists,” said Mr. Prasad.
Vodafone is pleased to partner Rosie Holidays to give our inbound tourist a memorable Fijian experience.
Key features of the Feejee Traveller App
- Fiji first ever destination travel App
- Made in Fiji using local technology design company iTvTi
- Powered and owned by Rosie Holidays, Fiji’s leading and multi award winning inbound tour operator
- Accessible via Apple’s AppStore and Android PlayStore (It is a significant achievement to be approved and featured by Apple on their AppStore as they have very strict guidelines for design and standards for operations. Not all Apps make it into the AppStore!)
- Free To Download
- Multi-lingual in English and Chinese Mandarin
- Uses GPS locators to provide updated local time and weather reports
- Already receiving 5 star reviews via social media channels
- Currently over 5,000 downloads of the App
- Bula Store with full e-commerce capability for online booking of activities, tours, rental cars, and hotel transfers
- Bula Places showcases some great places to check-out for duty free retail shopping, restaurants, cafes, bars and night life
- Bula Bag contains all your useful visitor information to help plan your visit to Fiji
- Marketing partners include Vodafone Fiji, Fiji Airways, Tourism Fiji and all local supplier partners
- Continually updated content with regular updates of the app by Rosie Holidays ensures accuracy and relevance of content
- Fully responsive to all screen formats including hand held smart phones and tablet devices
- Virtual Concierge service for Fiji providing content 24/7
Key Advantages About The Feejee Traveller App
- Access to Fiji Information to help plan travel more effectively 6
- Providing much needed guidance and language assistance to our Chinese travellers
- Ability to access and book sightseeing tours, excursions, rental cars and transfers on demand makes Fiji more accessible and professional in approach
- E-ticket and E-voucher for all bookings and no paper is required
- Content is more dynamic with the ability to watch videos of products and services communicates a lot more than print media
- Free to use so open to all international travellers to download
- Also accessible offline
- Many more possibilities to engage with all users by dynamically sending messages and time limited offers
- Potential to expand content is endless