“RSTA” and “TAT” opens a New Delicacy Dimension in “Taste it all 2016 @ Ratchaprasong: The Royal Delights” with Signature Menus grounded on Thailand’s Superb Ingredients from The Royal Project
Ratchaprasong Square Trade Association (RSTA) is joining hands with Tourism Authority of Thailand to underline the district’s stance as a lifestyle hub of Bangkok and vivify the notion of “The Best Dining Destination” with “Taste it all 2016 @Rachaprasong”.
Under the theme of “The Royal Delights”, Ratchaprasong’s most renowned fiesta of cuisine indulgence would like to welcome visitors with aesthetics of tastes from eight signature menus prepared by celebrity chefs from eight elite dining places located in the district. These splendid dishes, await visitors and tourists from today until 30 September 2016, perfectly blend wonderful gastronomical art and unforgettable freshness together as all finest ingredients have been sourced from farms under The Royal Project.
Mr. Chai Srivikorn, RSTA President, said: “To strengthen the core concept of ‘Ratchaprasong Bangkok Downtown’ which emphasizes the district centrally located in the heart of Bangkok as a district with vibrancy in lifestyles, we have created lively happenings to spur business and impress all visitors with a lifestyle diversity spanning across shopping, dining, services, arts and holy worship. Ratchaprasong is particularly known as a district with an outstanding ‘Dinning Lifestyle’ and we significantly reaffirm our character as ‘The Best Dining Destination’ of Thailand with ‘Taste it all @ Ratchaprasong’ annual international gourmet fete. The festival is always greatly welcomed by epicurean tourists who came across the globe to be a part of our dining pleasure. In this year, Bank of Ayudhya’s Krungsri Credit Card along with participated shopping malls and upscale hotels are joining us to bring wonderful dining experiences to visitors with themed signature dishes as always.”
“The 11th Taste it all 2016 @Ratchaprasong” international food festival, organized in partnership with Tourism Authority of Thailand, is themed under ‘The Royal Delights’. Highlights are eight signature menus by eight celebrity chefs from top shopping malls and hotels in Ratchaprasong namely InterContinental Bangkok, Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel, Centara Grand at CentralWorld, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok, Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam, Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel, The St. Regis Bangkok, and 1823 Tea Lounge by Ronnefeldt – a premium tea lounge located at Gaysorn Shopping Centre. First-rated ingredients such as sturgeons, caviars, pheasant meats, lamb, rosemary leaves, baby carrots, tarragon, and white beans have been directly supplied by best farms or plantation sites under HM the King’s ‘Royal Project’. We therefore would like to incorporate fresh food materials cultivated or raised under HM the King’s intention with cookery talents of each reputable chef to create authentic, contemporary dishes. All international menus exclusively shaped for this flavorful food feast are going to give unprecedented impressions and marvelous tastes beyond one’s imagination. To maximize the joy, we also offer tempting promotions for members of Krungsri Credit Card as they can get up to 50 percent discount when they dine at selected luxury dining places at hotels as well as more than 80 participated restaurants at Ratchaprasong,” added Mr. Chai.
All eight signature menus are:
- “Royal Pheasant” by Fireplace Grill and Bar, InterContinental Bangkok: It is a charcoal grilled pheasant served with shallot jelly and baked potatoes. It impresses diners with an aromatic scent from a beefy pheasant breast as well as enticingly cooked garnishes including shallots and grilled onions. An uplifting experience is doubled with a captivating combination of savory pickled vegetables and an enriched creamy potato espuma.
- “Smoked Sturgeon with Pomelo and Herbs Salad” by Spice Market, Anantara Siam Bangkok: Finest sturgeons are smoked and then grilled to perfection. To ensure a balanced meal with sour and spicy taste, it is served alongside a pomelo and aromatic herbs salad.
- “Chicken la Bresse” by Red Sky, Centara Grand at CentralWorld: The dish’s centerpiece is a Bresse chicken breast from France, known among discerning diners as the world’s best chicken. Its tenderness comes from naturally formed pinkish meat and golden fat. The chicken is topped with butternut puree and Shiitake cream sauce.
- “Pheasant in the Woods” by Tables Grille, Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok: A Danish-inspired menu featuring a Sous Vide cooked pheasant breast, lavish herbs particularly fresh black truffles, and top-class garnishes such as sorrel and pea sprouts.
- “Herb-Crusted Rack of Lamb, Rosemary Sauce” by The Square, Novotel Bangkok Platinum Pratunam:This organic main dish served with fresh vegetables highlights crusted rack of lamb with mustard sauce and fresh herbs. The racks were baked and topped with rosemary sauce for a flavorful sense in every bite.
- “Scallops, Caviar and black truffle crème” by La Tavola & Wine Bar, Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel: An amazingly flawless combination of caviar and scallops. Both delicacies are mixed with white truffle cream sauce and it is served with Iberico ham – a cured ham produced from black Iberian pigs – and exceptional white asparaguses.
- “Slowed Cooked Mutton Rosemary” by VIU Restaurant, The St. Regis Bangkok: This sophisticated menu uses only The Royal Project’s mature mutton. The Slow-Cook method means the mutton must be stewed with sheep broth at 65◦ for 24 hours to obtain distinguished tastes and tenderness. The mutton is then marinated with rosemary and served with caramelized baby carrots and garden peas from farms under The Royal Project.
- “Baby Carrots with Hollandaise and Karasumi” by Tea Lounge by Ronnefeldt, a premium tea lounge at Gaysorn Shopping Centre: This “healthy starter”, with all five basic tastes and cuisine techniques influenced from Europe and Japan, features streamed heritage baby carrots topped with hollandaise sauce. It then mixed with lovage oil and dried mullet fish roe. Superior oolong dusted tea and maldon sea salt are also added to complete the eating enjoyment.
Ms. Supranee Pongpad, Director of International Advertising Publicity Division, Tourism Authority of Thailand,happily said: “TAT is pleased to co-create this magnificent marketing campaign alongside RSTA, an association with a strong member portfolio comprising well-known shopping malls, luxury hotels, and popular retail stores. Ratchaprasong today beats all limitations and it constantly demonstrating its true potential to visitors and tourists. With its own lifestyles, it is one of Thailand’s preeminent commercial and business bloodlines with a unique walking convenience as visitors can stroll around the area at ease with the high-rise skywalk. Beside grandest shopping malls and class-leading hotels, food culture and dining variety of Ratchaprasong are also regarded by every visitor and tourist since the district can accommodate all dining needs with 300 street style dining places and a great number of elegant lifestyle restaurants. In conclusion, we are certain that ‘Taste it all 2016 @Ratchaprasong’ will be a definitive lifestyle activity for visitors and foreign tourists who visit Thailand.”
From today until 30 September 2016, visitors and tourists are more than welcome to treat themselves with aesthetics of tastes and mindfully-selected ingredients from The Royal Project at Ratchaprasong’s biggest and most important annual international food festival, “Taste it all 2016 @ Ratchaprasong: The Royal Delights”. For further details and promotions, please visit www.heartofbangkok.com or www.facebook.com/HeartOfBangkok.