Under the direction of General Manager Callum Kennedy, the hotel is about to complete one of the country’s largest all-room redesign and refurbishment projects which propels it onto the world stage, befitting for its position as room-keeper in the most dynamic and celebrated part of Brisbane – South Bank.
The rooms redesign is a brilliant bookend to what has been a $30million investment over the past three years in upgrading and creating stunning new spaces and experiences – Bacchus Restaurant, Soleil Pool Bar, the acclaimed Podium Level, new hotel façade and driveway entrance. The investment has been long-term, significant and carefully curated and is testament to the hotel’s commitment to remaining at the epicenter of Brisbane’s leisure and corporate visitor market, a beacon for the future of the city’s visitor experience.
Put simply, Rydges South Bank boasts the very best location for a stay in Brisbane. Neighbour to the city’s acclaimed GoMA, Cultural Centre, State Library and Queensland Performing Arts Complex; side by side with the highly applauded Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre; a breath away from the mighty Brisbane River and its wonderful walks; immersed in the heart of South Bank and it’s family of restaurants, bars, markets and open spaces, and just a bridge-walk away from the city centre and central business district, Rydges South Bank stands truly in the heart of the new Brisbane.
It’s more than that though. Rydges South Bank was the first hotel in South Bank, the first to put bricks and mortar to a part of the city that had yet to bloom into the internationally acclaimed green and living space that it is today. Because of this heritage and sense of place, the hotel has ensured the new room collection reflects the needs of all of its guests, current and future.
Included in the upgrade:
- All 304 rooms have been redesigned and refurbished, including 64 suites;
- Three different configurations of suites are now available, all featuring separate bedroom and living areas, king beds, styled furniture, 55” Samsung LED TVs, innovative technology and a sense of warmth, welcome and most importantly, livability;
- A timeless colour palette of luxe tobacco and burgundy hues stars throughout the hotel, with stylised avant-guard designer carpet featured as a design element on each floor; particular attention has been paid to the beds, bedding and linen and the lounge/chaise elements, creating a unique combination that appeals to key leisure, corporate and family guests;
- The hotel is home to a $1million technology upgrade which features the Orion Energy Management System and allows guests the fastest access and most up to date connectivity without sacrificing personal service and attention – no technology will ever take the place of a warm welcome by a real concierge!
- All beds throughout the hotel are luxurious King Coil Beds ;
- Featured in all rooms are Samsung LED TVs with Apple TV and high-speed connectivity to hand held technology (48” in standard rooms and 55” in suites).
One of the advanced technology features is interTouch’s latest offering which addresses the rising trend of BYOD and BYOC (bring your own device/bring your own content) among business travellers.
With FREEDOM Home, guests who bring their own mobile devices can stream their own media to in-room TVs wirelessly. They can watch their preferred movies, play games, stream music, videos and photos as well as mirror/extend screens from their mobile devices and laptops. This gives guests a seamless ‘plug and play’ solution with no need for 3rd party apps. Supporting many common streaming protocols including AirPlay and DLNA, FREEDOM Home is future proofed to allow adding of new media streamers as they are released on the network.
All planning, design and execution work has been carried out by the multi-award winning KannFinch, a group with offices throughout Australia, Asia and the Middle East. This is the creative hub behind extraordinary projects such as the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dubai Festival City and the Hotel Intercontinental in the UAE among many others.
- Junior Suites feature separate bedrooms with a king size bed, and living area, plus a sofa bed and small kitchen and bathroom – 54sqm
- King Suites offer separate bedrooms with a king size bed, and living area plus a queen sofa bed and small kitchen, 4-point bathroom with deep bath and shower.
- Deluxe King Suites boast 60sqm of living area with separate bedroom with king size bed and living area plus queen sofa bed and small kitchen, 4-point bathroom with deep bath and shower, located on the corner of the property with wrap-around balconies and spectacular views of the city and Brisbane River.
- Standard Queen
- Standard Twin, Queen Queen
- Superior Queen
- Superior Twin, Queen Queen
- Deluxe Queen
- Deluxe Twin
The Tastes of Rydges South Bank:
The hotel is home to the acclaimed and multi-awarded Bacchus Restaurant which celebrates flavour under the culinary baton of Head Chef Mark Penna and Sommelier Andrew Giblin. With its rich chestnut and candlelit interior, throws of deep mahogany and marble, detailed service and a very genuine love of food and wine, this restaurant boasts a series of Degustations (think all types, from a petite, 4 & 7 course to a dessert degustation, there is even a vegan option), as well as a new menu of signature beef cuts, all personally sourced by Chef Penna. In between, the adventure continues – a delicately created amuse bouche… a banana pudding that defies understanding … entrées that feature golden beetroot and wattleseed … a chicken dish that will correct flavour sensories long-muted by mass produced ingredients; flavours that are respected and nurtured until they surrender to the plate and the palate.
Sibling to Bacchus and just outside its beautiful interior lies Soleil Pool Bar, a rooftop tribute to the stars and one of Brisbane’s leading homes to cocktail creativity, music and the vibe of the city. Soleil Pool Bar is not only home to a bar and cocktail menu that’s the envy of the city, it is also famed as a spectacular special event and celebration venue.
Opening onto street level, amid the bustle of South Bank lies CBD, a café and bar where coffee calms the crowds and catch-ups, working lunches, after work drinks and all in between take place. A hive of activity, CBD is the perfect segue between the street and the hotel.
Conferencing & Events – the investment realised:
- Podium Level – at home on the beautifully appointed Podium Level are the hotel’s state-of-the-art function rooms. Comfortably catering for up to 1000 guests or delegates and able to be configured into a range of presentation styles (theatre, banquets etc.), all areas open to an open terrace which looks over the Brisbane River to the city.
- The Rooftop – on level 12, The Rooftop boasts one of the best positions in Brisbane city – a stunning private venue over 400sqm, with ceiling to floor glass which perfectly frames the extraordinary panoramic views of the Brisbane CBD and South Bank. This space can also be divided and activated in a range of ways.
- Podium 5 – intimate and celebrating the colour canvas of nearby Bacchus, Podium 5 is a Boardroom like no other, and can be used as such, or as a private dining room or conference secretariat. It is home to all the hotel’s modern technology and a fully integrated 55” LED TV.