Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is underscoring its commitment to the custom install channel at CEDIA this week with a full display of home entertainment products and solutions that enable custom installers to best serve their clients. At booth #5742, Samsung will showcase its 4K Ultra HD Premium Ecosystem with HDR – the industry’s first and only end-to-end 4K solution – which includes the latest SUHD TVs featuring Quantum Dot technology that deliver brilliant, crisp color for the ultimate performance in any environment. Samsung will also introduce its new Samsung CMS (Content Management System) applet, as well as new mounting and display solutions designed to simplify installations.
SUHD Technology and The Industry’s Only 4K Ultra HD Premium Ecosystem
Comprised of Samsung’s best-selling line of curved and flat SUHD and UHD TVs, along with the industry first UBD-K8500 Ultra HD Blu-ray player, and the critically-acclaimed new HW-K950 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos technology, Samsung’s Ultra HD Ecosystem with HDR delivers incredible color quality and picture detail, and an immersive, cinematic sound experience that puts consumers in the heart of the action.
- SUHD TVs with cutting-edge Quantum Dot Color Drive enhance light for more vibrant, realistic colors with over 1 billion more shades than HDTVs, and Triple Black Technology makes it possible to see extreme blacks with visibly more shades to bring out unseen picture details.
- The Ultra HD Blu-ray player recognizes content format and automatically changes the settings on the SUHD TV accordingly, ensuring it is optimized to deliver every detail and color the content has to offer.
- To round out the experience, Samsung’s new flagship HW-K950 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos features 4K Pass-through ability. Connect a 4K video source, like a UHD Blu-ray player, through the soundbar to the TV for rich sound and 4K picture quality.
Samsung CMS Applet: Empowering the Custom Install Channel
To ensure custom installers are educated and equipped for every scenario, Samsung will also debut its all-new Samsung CMS applet at CEDIA. Exclusively for Samsung-authorized custom installers, the Samsung CMS applet delivers the most up-to-date information needed to spec the Samsung TVs that customers are asking for. Once registered as an authorized dealer, custom installers can access via the CMS portal the latest firmware updates, spec sheets, product grids, RS-232 and IR codes, request Samsung’s 2016 HDR10 Reference Disc, download mechanical and / or the CAD drawings of its 2016 models, and much more.
Installers can register at the Samsung booth to request the USB drive that contains the CMS Applet. Upon registration, the Samsung authorized dealer/installer will receive the drive that comes preloaded with the tools necessary to install Samsung products and will allow access to updated information via download as well as notifications when updates become available. The easy-to-use Samsung CMS applet will also allow for the downloading important TV firmware updates.
Curved Experience, Custom Mounting Solutions
In the booth, Samsung will demonstrate the difference a curved screen can make on various types of UHD content. Curved screens give images more depth, drawing viewers into the picture for total immersion.
Mounting options for curved TVs have expanded with the popularity of the design. At CEDIA, Samsung will showcase three elegant ways to incorporate the curved UHD TV experience into home theaters intended to inspire custom installers:
- A 1.2” deep wall mount designed for curved and flat TVs to hang as close to the wall as possible
- A “Shadow Box” solution that creates an elegant integrated wall design solution
- A speaker mounting approach that seamlessly blends with a curved TV install design
Compatibility with Top Control Systems
Samsung SUHD TVs are compatible with top control system for IR and RS232 compatibility. At the booth, Samsung will demonstrate integration with a Crestron residential system, which often serves as the control for a powerful home theater installation.
For home entertainment areas located off the main living space, such as bedrooms and offices and the like, Samsung will illustrate how its powerful Smart TV with auto source detection can control multiple devices from a single universal remote.